Please Support Our Sponsors

www.WingSupply.com

Flyway Foundation.org - NC Wildlife Resources Commission - SC DNR - US Fish & Wildlife Service
Please Support Our Sponsors

Moores swamp
Moores Swamp

Capt. Gary's Downeast Duck Hunting and Fishing Service - Back Creek Kennel - Black Jack Pocket Hunting Club, Reelfoot Lake, TN - Toller Boatworks
Refuge Forums  

Go Back   Refuge Forums > Flyway Report Forums > North / South Carolina Flyway Forum

Old 10-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
landman
Elite Refuge Member

Lake Mattamuskeet Update

This was clipped of the Save Lake Mattamuskeet Facebook page. Everybody needs to start getting loud about how this place is being managed. Any noise to your state or federal reps will be helpful. In addition, DU needs to hear about is everyday. They are starting to hear about loss of donor dollars in relation to not applying pressure from their end.

REFUGE INSANITY CONTINUES UNBATED!
Click the link below to see that the Executive Director of the NC Wildlife Resources Commission, Gordon Myers, sent a team to Mattamuskeet NWR this morning to open the gate locked and sealed by Refuge manager Pete Campbell. Mr. Campbell had locked off several properties owned by the State of North Carolina, including the Mattamuskeet Lodge. Mr. Campbell, stood at the gate and ran off the State personnel. Upon hearing of this illegal act, Mr. Myers ordered the State employees back to, if necessary, tear down the gate. Ultimately, the gate was opened and a new gate installed by State employees to the actual Federal property line. As you can imagine, people here, and visitors are growing weary of the destruction of Mattamuskeet Lake and the "holier than thou" attitude of the Feds. At some point, this nonsense hopefully will cease.
www.savemattamuskeetlake.net
landman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
SeaDux1
Elite Refuge Member

I'm contacting my representative to voice my concerns

"Two things a commerical fisherman don't need is a wife and a pickup truck. Both are getting used while he ain't there."
SeaDux1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
boykinsbuddy
Elite Refuge Member

You have to hand it to Gordon for having the kahunas to run the feds off. They should have done it with LEOs and had the guy arrested for trespassing. The NCWRC owns the lodge...they need to go ahead and open it and use it for an education center and waterfowl museum. Get a presence down there on site to watch over things.

Last edited by boykinsbuddy; 10-18-2013 at 06:36 AM.
boykinsbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
SeaDux1
Elite Refuge Member

I've contacted Walter Jones and voiced my concerns opinion so I hope it don't go unnoticed. Its a SHAME that the feds are allowing this to happen. Not only is it destroying the resource its destroying the economy. People used to go and fresh water fish the lake but you hardly see anyone fishing it now. I would encourage each of you on this forum to call/email/write your congressman and let them know how you feel about the problem. I'm taking a stand!

I'm sick and tired of this government poking their nose where it shouldn't be and they work for us.

"Two things a commerical fisherman don't need is a wife and a pickup truck. Both are getting used while he ain't there."
SeaDux1 is offline   Reply With Quote