CapnJim from Coastal S.C.

Discussion in 'Member Intros, Announcements, Refuge Gang Events' started by CapnJim, Feb 7, 2017.

1. CapnJim

CapnJim New Member

Hello All,
    CapnJim from Coastal S.C. I have been chasing the winged beasts of joy for over 43 years now.
    I'm 56. Where I live there are five tidal rivers, a 13-mile long bay, and numerous estuaries. Most property bordering our waters is private so I'm one of the river rats fighting for my space in public Hades. I pull up to the landing and there are fewer of me around each season. In the salt we use the old Herters 72s and inland the plastics. We have a 6-foot tide so that dictates where we hunt along with the wind. Anyway, I've been fortunate enough to squirrel away 'duck' cash each season in order to take a trip or two. Have spent 30 seasons on the famed Currituck Sound on the Outer Banks in N.C. with the same guide mostly chasing divers, but have traveled toward and beyond the big river and hunted Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, and Tennessee both guided and self-guided. As one young guide likes to remind me out there, if his head ain't green with a white ring it ain't a duck. I beg to differ as one must go with what one is presented with, but I get his point. That's the passion talking. We've had mostly good experiences, some not so much. I hope to keep doing it until I can no longer physically go. I love it that much. I just joined my first duck club in Saskatchewan and am looking forward to field hunting as it will be a new experience. I feel young again !!!

WoodieSC likes this.
  2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome aboard!!!! It's good to see some yong'uns show up. :l

WoodieSC likes this.
  3. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome aboard, CapnJim! Great to have you here. :tu

4. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

Sounds like you will have a wealth of knowledge to share. Welcome aboard!

WoodieSC likes this.
  5. CapnJim

CapnJim New Member

6. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Welcome to the Refuge Captain Jim!!

7. CapnJim

CapnJim New Member

Thanks.
    Hope your seasons were a success. On the coast here, unless you were inside the dikes in the plantations, it was not a season for lifelong memories.
    Don't know if my eye's right(Eastern NC brogue) or not, not enough opportunities. Our trip to west Tennessee was poor and got iced out on the Currituck Sound.
    Yes, the entire 50-mile plus sound froze solid just as we arrived. It could be connected to the Camlin family blood, but that's a whole 'nother story that strikes one at birth.
    We call it the Camlin Black @ss; I'll let you deduce the meaning for yourselves.

8. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Welcome aboard. :tu:tu

9. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Glad to have you here on the Forums. You have an interesting background of waterfowl hunting. I hope your new club in Saskatchewan works out really well for you...good luck.

10. CapnJim

CapnJim New Member