digital camera help

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by The Pintailman, Aug 3, 2005.

1. The Pintailman

The Pintailman Elite Refuge Member

I am going to buy my first digital camera. Take after the hunt pictures and put them here on the refuge. What do you guys use?

2. PaulinKansas

PaulinKansas Elite Refuge Member

sony p140, bought it about a year ago on ebay. even with shipping it was a better price than any mart or electronic retailer. mine also takes movies with sound.

3. kwsmith

kwsmith Elite Refuge Member

sony p73, 4 meg. small enough to fit in your pocket, sharp enough to make good prints, and relatively fast handling for a digital. sony p93 is the same camera except that it is 5 meg and slower handling. those are two of the handiest digitals i've ever tried. that p73 stays in my front pocket constantly, right along beside my pocket knife and car keys.

4. Headgear

Headgear Senior Refuge Member

Olympus 770. 10X optical zoom, compact, takes great images and is built like a tank. Only downside is that it does not have image stabilization so if you don't have steady hands and use it with the zoom blurry pics will prabably result. I would by this camera again. Had it out to North Dakota waterfowling twice last year and to South Dakota snow goose hunting and took some great photos. Go to dpreview.com for great digital camera reviews. Good luck.

5. dobberdux

dobberdux Senior Refuge Member

Panasonic got a slow start in the digital realm, but have really come on with the LUMIX line. 12x optical zoom and an all glass Leica lens. Just got it about a month ago. Calling me an amatuer photographber is being kind and I have taken some great photos with it. Priced right...under $400, compact with some outstanding advanced features, easy to use. Unlike some others in this category, it has an image stabilizer for that powerful zoom they give you.

6. got duck

got duck Elite Refuge Member

Canon EOS 20D. Expensive but well worth every penny of it in my opinion. Have started taking some awsome pics. There is so much you can do with this monster.

7. Waders

Waders Elite Refuge Member

Check out epinions.com
    Low prices with reviews. Get at least 4 megapixel if you want to print anything.

8. Downbuster

Downbuster Senior Refuge Member

9. HBar

HBar Elite Refuge Member

Really like the Nikon Coopix 3200 for good digital photos afield when you don't have the time, room or inclination to mess with a complicated camera. Recently got a Cannon Digital Rebel which is way cool but a bit complex for most field situations.

A hint: invest in some good digital photo software such as Photo Shop, etc. It will help you get the most out of your digital photos.

10. huntinkid

huntinkid Elite Refuge Member

Kodak DX7630. Everything i want/need and then some. I'd definetly recommend it.