Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Eastern Canada Weather

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Smackdown 870, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Smackdown 870

Smackdown 870 Elite Refuge Member

The mid Atlantic has almost no Ducks and Geese this year. Are you guys still open up north and holding birds? We have not seen much of anything..no Mallards or big ducks at all. We are way low on numbers of Snows and black geese.. I was wondering if they are still hanging around?

2. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

We still have birds hanging out in northern MB (north of 53rd parallel). Unbelievable, but there is still open water and the rivers have not frozen solid yet (give it a couple of days), and we have very little snow (lots more down south around Winnipeg and Brandon). Lots of wheat still in the field and zero pressure on the birds. They are gorging all day and all night on the wheat. They will have to leave soon though.....maybe.

3. DtSB

DtSB Senior Refuge Member

Friends of mine just moved to New Brunswick at Thanksgiving. They've updated us with constant snow reports, and quite cold temperatures too. That's all I know.

4. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I've heard "Polar Vortex" a few times in the last 24 hours. I smile every time I hear it.

5. DtSB

DtSB Senior Refuge Member

It'd be even better if the season was actually in right now. Ducks and geese everywhere this week.