game trail cameras

Discussion in 'Nevada Flyway Forum' started by JDK, Mar 9, 2017.

1. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Was at the Ndow office yesterday and was purchasing my license for the year and a Ndow representative asked me for my opinion on if game trail cameras should be banned from Sep. 1st thru closure of big game seasons on public lands , my reply was I do not use cameras I hunt the old way of scouting a few times with lots of leg work and spotting scopes and bino's also mentioned they have received a lot of letters and emails from hunters complaining about game trail camera users ruining other hunters hunts by driving around checking cameras while other hunters are hunting , thought this was interesting what are your thoughts on this ?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  2. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

I don't hunt big game a lot but I think your way of scouting is probably the best and most ethical.I would only be for them on private land.

3. HEVI ON HONKERS

HEVI ON HONKERS Elite Refuge Member

I agree JDK the old way of spot and stock has always worked for me and plenty of scouting . I no they have problems in Utah of guys taking cameras or cards and that's bull s but I believe a guy can do just fine with good glass and lots of time in the hills and we all love being out there.

4. Hvyshot2

Hvyshot2 Senior Refuge Member

I know guys that use them. Also not opposed to limiting their use but I would suggest we all be careful how much we are willing to give away...

5. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

Yeah there is a fine line on what we as hunters and Americans want to limit.
    I know lots of hard working ethical hunters that just don't have a lot of time off for hunting and especially scouting.
    It's just like guided hunts,I don't prefer them but sometimes it's a neccasary evil.