Hello from St. Charles MO

Discussion in 'Member Intros, Announcements, Refuge Gang Events' started by jjb27, Oct 26, 2016.

1. jjb27

jjb27 New Member

Hello, my name is Jim and I live in St. Charles, MO. I am new to duck hunting and am looking for all the guidance an assistance I can get about getting started, equipment, who, what, where, when, why, and how. My hope is to begin hunting NEXT season and take these months leading up to then to become comfortable and proficient at shooting and get any gear and learn about tips and techniques. I have some friends and relatives who are hunters so I plan to pick their brains as well. I know there are great hunting spots in MO and hope to take advantage and also hope this becomes something I can pass down to my kids and they theirs. Nice to meet you all, happy hunting this season, look forward to your comments. Thanks, Jim

2. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Hey Jim...glad to have you here on the Forums. It sounds like you have a good approach to learning this sport. I see it's been just over a month since you signed up and I'm wondering if you had any opportunities to do any hunting? If so, how did it go?

3. jjb27

jjb27 New Member

LD, thanks for the reply, glad to be here. I have gotten a lot of useful feedback and advice. I have had a single opportunity on Election Day but could not take off work w/my buddies. I haven't received any other invites since. Most of my friends in town know that I am checking out gear and waiting til after xmas to purchase. The one opportunity I had was at a club where I could've borrowed equip/gear. I did decide on a gun (Rem. 870 Express camo) and a friend gave me a pair of 4 mm neoprene bone dry chest waders and some other camo gear. I am going to try and find a Columbia parka for the upper layers next. I hope to be ready for next season; I've been able to make some plans for the future which is nice.

How's it been going for you?

4. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Sounds like you're off to a good start. I wish you a lot of luck.

5. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Welcome Aboard!