Hombre Boss & a wanna be hat

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Benny, Feb 16, 2017 at 3:40 PM.

1. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Benny, you wanna catch that Mink, just dig a hole in a bank at the waters edge, or base of a tree, throw a Muskrat leg in there and a 11/2 coilspring or 110 Conibear in front. Mink love a Muskrat dinner.
    I had the same Anschutz rifle in .22 mag and it was by far the most accurate .22 I ever owned. I did depredation work on Deer damaging vineyards and I would shoot them in the eye at pretty good distances and lights out, no problem. Those rifles are now expensive even used ones. Mine got stolen.

Benny likes this.
  2. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Wow I searched Anschutz .22 on gunbroker and starting bids are 1300-3500. Don't know if they actually sell for that, but people sure want a lot for them.

3. Benny

Benny Senior Refuge Member

told ya they are as accurate as they come.

4. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

Are you wanting to kill beavers or what dude. I guess I'm on the cold trail here???

5. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Naw. Mostly deer, hogs, burglars, paper zombie targets, jugs filled with water, and watermelons. Prolly won't shoot past 100 yards with it much. Looking at the Nikon scope specifically made for .300 blackout... 2x7x30 I think... Cabelas has it for $200, and I already have $125 worth of Cabelas gift cards, so I'm leaning that way

6. California Flyway

Right now the CZ 22 rifles are the most accuracy for the money in my opinion. You can switch barrels from .22 to .22 mag, to 17.
    I plan to buy one in .22 with an extra 17 barrel.

Benny likes this.
  7. Benny

That looks almost exactly like an anshutz except the trigger mechanism is completly different and not two stage so how is the trigger? The price is certainly better but I would pay the money again for an anshutz.

8. California Flyway

I dry fired one and the trigger felt crisp and not to heavy to me. Google reviews on CZ .22's and you can read a lot of very positive field test reports.

9. Benny

Also no info on the length of the throw on the pin, which was another big reason anshutz is so accurate.