Little girls and duck hunting

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Squaller, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I took my daughter hunting with me once again, and once again it was as much an adventure for me as it was for her…

Sometimes it takes a child to help us remember all of the little things that make the outdoor adventures so much fun… She was so excited to see hawks, egrets, and herons, that she remarked “Daddy, I forgot how many wonderful birds are out here!”

I put her on the jerk-cord, and she immediately became more proficient than most of my adult cohorts at creating natural movement. She has been practicing on the widgeon whistle, and was quite thrilled when I told her she called in triplet gadwall that I ended up killing.

Her fascination with the wildlife, and her interest in watching the dog work, and her interest in identifying all types of ducks made me remember what I really enjoy about the outdoors… Funny how I forgot.

With two young ladies in tow (with the youngest coming up the line to hunt with me next year) I sure would love to see you ladies post up some of your adventures, and hear what it is you love about the outdoors.

Kierra working the jerk cord:
    [​IMG]

Kierra picks up the empties around the blind while I head out to get the sled to bring her back:
    [​IMG]

Kierra shows off our limit of birds (3 gadwall, 4 green-wing teal):
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the blurry pictures, I am still learning my new iPhone camera, and have no idea why some of the pics are so blurry?

But come on ladies… POST UP!

Lexuss, dux/24 7 and yellowlab03 like this.
  2. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

She is beautiful! I know you must be proud! My iPhone camera has it's moments as well.. Not sure why. I'm ready to go back to a Samsung product.

3. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

I do enjoy those outdoor moments with the girls... Youngest has made it out with me now as well.