Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Looking For Goose and Duck combo hunt in Canada

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Easterncanadafowler, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Easterncanadafowler

Easterncanadafowler New Member

Guys, I have not been on here for many Years.I use to know many of you, bought some decoys from some of you and a Go devil and calls etc and use to share some info etc...I just rejoined and this is my first post .
    Myself and some friends are looking to go on a guided hunt somewhere in Canada where we could shoot Geese and Ducks.I have always read and heard about puddle duck hunting "out west" and would like to experience that ,where you have the duck camp experience (or a hotel/ motel would work too however the hunt camp setting would be preffered.Somewhere we could make new memories and friends and just have a good time.We don't have unlimited funds and regular working guy so we are looking for something reasonably priced.
    We are are easy going Maritimers from NB and I have been putting this experience off too long .
    Where would you guys suggest going to try and fulfill our needs. We want to hunt in our own group and don't need thousands of birds just enough for good shooting.
    We would be intereested in something in Quebec or Ontario where we would drive of west of Ontario where we would Fly.

Thanks
    Terry

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. Hunter/Gather

Hunter/Gather Elite Refuge Member

Skru the outfitters. ;) Just organize your guys for enough time, combine your gear and go do it. You'll have a lot more fun figuring it out and doing it on your own. NB can't be any further than where we drive from.

Mitch

3. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

It is cheaper if flying to go with an outfitter. Each province has an outfitters association, and I would start there. Ask for some current references from this season to ask about their experience with the outfitter. If it was me (and I live in MB), I would be looking at NW SK or eastern Alberta. Seems they get a lot more snows than we do know, and the bonus of specks and good populations of dark geese throughout the province

Go west young man...

barry c keicks likes this.