New Prodigy Boat on order

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by Careybrowning, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Careybrowning

Careybrowning New Member

Just pulled the trigger on a new Prodigy 1854 V Bow. They are out of Jasper, Ga. Chade Lecompte is the owner. He had a 1954 that looked awesome that I'm going to model my 1854 after. The fit and finish on this boat was second to none. I ordered...
    1854 Modified V
    Tapered Chine
    Sport Deck
    Spud poles thru hull
    tall transom
    smooth floor (cross braces level with the floor)
    catwalks all the way around
    drivers box
    Going to leave the seat bases off the floor in mine though
    adjustable transducer bracket on the back
    switch panel in front of the drivers box
    front deck hatch
    Gator Glide
    hydro turf floors

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sandman7655

sandman7655 Elite Refuge Member

nice rig and great guy to deal with

3. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Good looking boat! I wonder if you could run a longtail off that rear deck? What I see is great: open floor plan, don't see those mid-braces that stick up, just see a level floor. I imagine that is 1/4" alum all the way around? Is there any flotation? What are you powering it with? My guess at least a 35 HP. M.O. Bottomland has always been my favorite camo. Good scouting!

4. Careybrowning

Careybrowning New Member

I know he builds them per customers orders, so I'm sure he could set one up for a longtail. It's .125 aluminum, one piece hulls. I love the way he made the cross braces flush with the floor. This one has no flotation but I know you can order them that way.

He was able to get the exemption from the coast guard (like airboats) so you can register and run the nonflotation models without getting in trouble with the marine patrol. They have a sticker on them with the info on it.

I'll run at least a 35 surface drive on mine. Not sure which one yet though.

5. Ol' Red

Ol' Red Senior Refuge Member

Chad is an awesome guy. His boats look awesome and his attention to detail is second to none.

I hope to have him building me one next year.

Red

6. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

10-4 on no flotation. I know that is an endless debate, and while I like storage space (I took out the flotation from one of my rear pods and made that a storage/electronics box), I would like some flotation than none at all. My suggestion is to keep the open floor plan and not clutter it up with gun boxes, etc., sure you will appreciate it for both hunting and fishing!