Newbie to the snow goose game

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Diprivan, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Diprivan

Diprivan Refuge Member

Looking to extend my season. I already have a dozen specks and 6 snow + 6 blue FB Dekes as I've been chasing the specks. My ? is where into get a dozen FB snows and a call could I kill some snow geese? Not looking to kill 200 in a day by myself. 1 would make me happy. Any advice is appreciated. I have some fields available to hunt.

2. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

Conventional wisdom says piles of decoys but I'm sure you could kill some with a couple hundred. I would add headless printed socks for numbers and use FBS in kill hole. Get 4 buddies and each buy a 10 dozen pack of the Skyfly decoys for about $380 per 10 dozen. You will never look back and before you know it yoy will have 1500 decoys, 4 ecallers, 77 fliers, 10 layout blinds and purchase shots Hella by the truckload :) good luck!!!

3. Beau Slaton

Beau Slaton New Member

You could probably kill some birds. Snows like the bigger spreads but I agree with hannibal. If you were just to buy 10 dozen socks to add to your spread of full bodies it would help tremendously. Or just become friends with someone as myself and I bring all my decoys! Haha good look brotha!

4. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

location is everything. Needed to have traffic over your field and if you have a low wet spot you will have much better luck than just a dry field.

5. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

I'd add sock decoys to your doz or 2 of fullbodies because in snow goose hunting, # of decoys does help alot.

If you have access to good ground and they've been feeding in those fields, a guy can have a quality hunt over 100-200 decoys in my mind has we've done it alot up here in my neck of the woods. Space those decoys out in different groups to help make your spread look larger than it is. Conceal yourself and you will be good to go.