~ Please Help Fight Breast Cancer ~

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Ladyotl, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Ladyotl

Ladyotl In Memory<br>04/06/72 - 09/10/07<br>Moderator<br>W

Please help fight this awful disease. By clicking on the banner everyday, you can help fund free mamograms for less fortunate women and it doesnt cost a thing . Only about a minute of your time! http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites
    Thanks,
    Darlene:)

2. thewarden

thewarden Senior Refuge Member

What a good idea Lady. Every little bit helps. Thanks for letting us know about this site.

muah!

Carm:D

3. Rick Godsey

Rick Godsey Elite Refuge Member

Ladyotl,

Good post. My better half has dealt with this problem. She ended up going the radical surgery route. But one thing also out there for the ladys and thied "men" are the support groups they can go to for questions and answers. Just the thought can drasticaly change how a family reacts together. So I thank you for bringing this out. No person should go into this alone.

Leaky :)

4. Grant-KS

Grant-KS Senior Refuge Member

I do it "about" every day.........Good idea!!!

5. hunterswidow

hunterswidow New Member

What a wonderful thing! I work in a Radiology Dept. at a hopsital and know first hand how important getting a yearly mammo is. I will certainly pass the website along to our techs and office workers. You can count on all of us there!

6. Ladyotl

Ladyotl In Memory<br>04/06/72 - 09/10/07<br>Moderator<br>W

Thank-you !:D Every little bit helps save a life:D
    Darlene

7. Wtrdawg

Wtrdawg Senior Refuge Member

Darlene,
    Thank you for the site. My wife and I are aware of breast cancer. This last August my wife Susan did the 64 mile walk for Breast Cancer . She and over 4,000 other people including breast cancer survivers raised over 3million dollars to help fight breast cancer. I'm sooooo proud of her. John

8. Vikki Diehl

Vikki Diehl Refuge Member

I am a breast cancer survivor of 2 1/2 years. I too did the 3 day walk. I walked from Frederick MD to the Washington Monument which was about 60 miles. It was the most awesome thing I have every done in my life.

Where was the walk that your wife took place in?

9. Wtrdawg

Wtrdawg Senior Refuge Member

Vikki,
    The three day walk my wife did was in the Pacific Northwest. Enumclaw to Seattle. When my wife and all the other walkers came in the stadium, it was so neat. But when the survivors walked in, it was so awsome that I started to cry. Vikki, keep up the good work and I HOPE one day soon they will have the cure for breast cancer. John

10. BLACKduckWIDOW57

BLACKduckWIDOW57 Senior Refuge Member

I am new to the forum, and came across this post. I have a very dear friend who has been battling breast cancer for several years. She is the mother of 8 children, ranging in ages from 6-22. She has been through it all....chemo, radiation, mascectomy, and stem cell. She had been in remission, but recently was feeling ill, and her checkup revealed that the cancer had spread to her lungs, liver, and brain. Her spirits are still high (I don't know how she does it!). I guess it helps the rest of us to do a reality check, and to thank god everyday for all we have. Please keep her and her family in your prayers...thank you for your post to make us aware of that site. :)