~ Please Help Fight Breast Cancer ~

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Ladyotl, Jun 3, 2002.

1. fowlambition

fowlambition Elite Refuge Member

Great post part of my new daily log on routine.

My younger sister started gettign invovled with the Avon Breast Cancer Walk this year. We gave her as much as I could I knwo I was proud to see her raise the 1800.00 to do the walk. I love her and I know will try to ensure that I am always giving more to her and the cause than I am spending on my delta donations and raffles. Such and awful disease deserves our attention on a daily basis.

Simply put you may not have a wife, a sister or a daughter but we all have a mother. If you do it for no one else do it for her.

2. NE OWL

NE OWL Moderator<br>Pennsylvania Forum<br>Youth Forum

Dar Just stopped in and saw this I will be sure I hit this firstthing in the morning before I hit the fuge. Have you ever put this on the main page and bump it up every couple weeks to remind people. There are so many people on the fuge daily we should be able to help out some. Any idea how many clicks on the link it takes to cover one exam??

Thanks
    Jim

3. ldyduck7

ldyduck7 Refuge Member

to all you girls!! Go to Kare11.com "The Buddy Check" list just cliick on "health" and sign up for your monthly reminder. Together we can fight it!!!!

4. Pine

Pine Elite Refuge Member

the post office is selling breast cancer stamps.the extra money goes towards research :tu

5. Vikki Diehl

Vikki Diehl Refuge Member

They've been doing this for a while. What a great way to show support!

Also visit www.thebreastcancersite.com

Vikki
    (almost 5 year survivor)

6. SPECKLEBELLY13

SPECKLEBELLY13 Senior Refuge Member

This is a great site!!! I have been clickin on it daily! My mom is a survivor, but my grandma lost the battle. This year I am doing the 3 Day, 60 mile walk in the Twin Cities. My daughter and I are doing it together. Hopefully I will make it! It will get me in shape for hunting season! Anybody interested in the cause, each person has to raise $2100 in donations just to walk, please log on to The3Day.org and donate to Kari Palashewski. I would appreciated your support both financially and emotionally. My thoughts and prayers are will all who have endured the battle.

7. Vikki Diehl

Kari,

I did the 3 day in 2001 - Just 10 months after breast cancer surgery. It's a wonderful experience - except for the blisters. I didn't think I would get any, but I did. My daughter got them so bad that she could hardly make it the last day - but she did it!!! Let us know how you make out.

Vikki

8. SPECKLEBELLY13

Hey Vikki
    Thanks for the support! I heard the only thing that gets in your way is the blisters. These will heal though, and won't stop me. It is people like you who i'm doing it for! I give all the credit in the world to anyone who has dealt with breast cancer. Your courage and strength to walk after treatment is greater than anything. Stay strong!!!!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and share my progress along the way!

9. SPECKLEBELLY13

Wow! I just completed the 3 Day, 60 miles! What an experience! Now I just have to keep it up so I'm in shape for hunting season. This really made me realize how many fantastic people are out there! My support, prayers, and enthusiasm, will continue to all who have faced this dreaded disease! As they say " CANCER SUCKS!"

10. Vikki Diehl

Way to go Kari!! :tu

Did you get any blisters?

Vikki