Shooting and Reloading Forum Sponsors

Those that have or have owned the Super Vinci

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by BAYDOG, Dec 5, 2016.

1. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    I have read the archives, but not a lot of bad, or good on the gun in recent years. So how have you liked or disliked them now that they have been out a bit? Going to pass down my SBEII to my son, and really like the feel of the Super Vinci.

2. ronaldo

ronaldo Refuge Member

I only have the Vinci, but if the Super is like the 3" Vinci then I believe you will like it. Mine fits great, is so easy to clean and maintain and will run anything that I feed it. The one thing that could be improved is the safety. Mine is quite stiff and could operate a little easier and quieter.

3. Big Gun

Big Gun Senior Refuge Member

I have 4 Benelli's in addition to my 16 other duck guns (20's ,12's, 10's). I have a Vinci not the Super as I do not shoot 3.5". Out of them all this is my favorite gun, that I resisted buying for several years because of the looks, but does it point and shoot well. It is my killer gun.

leftyhunter and ronaldo like this.
  4. riverbottom

riverbottom Refuge Member

Buy it. I traded my m2 for one and have been using it for the last three seasons with no regrets. Some complain about the safety location, but I didn't even notice adjusting to it. It is stiff, but hasn't been a problem. It comes apart in an instant to clean. I Hunt in chest waders in sloughs until freeze up and it spends have the time half submerged and the only misfires I had was when the firing pin was frozen solid. My only complaint, as with all the benellis, is the camo paint wears off. That's the reason I traded off the m2. After this season I'm getting a new one just to get a fresh paint job.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    leftyhunter likes this.
  5. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

I have used the SV for 4 seasons now with zero issues.

Positives:
    -Location of the safety (main reason i bought it over the sbe2) Of course this is a personal thing
    -easy to breakdown/clean (no spring in the stock)
    -has worked flawlessly in all temps/conditions
    -Light and points fast

Negatives:
    -Took 2 years of 500 duck shells and 500 target shells to get the action to feel smooth like the sbe's out of the box (it never jammed, just felt weird/stiff to me)
    -Light and points fast (can get "whippy" on you)
    -Kicks like a mule with 3.5" shells
    -For snowgoose hunter, extensions are expensive and it only holds 4, however with a little jb weld and 10min you can get it to float a 5th

leftyhunter likes this.
  6. Den and Jack

Den and Jack Senior Refuge Member

Best gun I have ever owned for ducks and geese. I did have an issue with the trigger and returned it after the first season. It was not fully striking the primer on rare occasions. Benelli said it was dirty but it has never failed in 2 seasons of heavy use after I got it back. I think they made a small adjustment or something. It has been working in sub-zero weather for geese on recent huntis without an issue. I'm going to get rid of some of my other guns and by the 3" version for myself as a backup or for my kids.

I hunt out of a skiff a lot. So it is important to have a gun that is easy to clean. They are super easy to clean. I would buy a camo version since the black finish is not that great. Browning has a better black finish.

Recoil is heavy with 3.5" shells. I like a 10 ga for 3.5" bullets since they are much heavier guns.

Good luck!

leftyhunter likes this.
  7. Wood-Dro

Wood-Dro Elite Refuge Member

Loving mine after a half season thus far.

ronaldo likes this.
  8. Shaun Patrick

Shaun Patrick Senior Refuge Member

Love mine, I have owned Super nova, SBE2, Super Vinci, and M2 in 20 gauge and the Vinci has been my favorite. I think I have had one jam in 3 years. Never been more confident in a shotgun in my life. I had one minor issue as soon as I got it, and it had to do with the stop latch button spring, and it just wasn't seated properly from the factory, it was literally a 2 second fix when I figured out what the issue was. Someone stated this above, but the only real issue I have is the price of the extended mags is crazy!!! Great gun can't go wrong with it.

9. Dpeters

Dpeters New Member

Best pointing shotgun that I've tried. However, if you shoot a lot of 3.5 shells I wouldn't buy it. 3.5 shells in this gun hurt!! I sold the supervinci and bought the regular 3 inch Vinci.

leftyhunter likes this.
  10. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I absolutely hated my Vinci and sold it after a few months. I personally hated taking it apart (that stupid red tab on the bolt group). I found it no easier or faster then any other gun I own to tear down and clean. It lasted I think 2 or 3 flocks on spring snows before I got tired of it costing me birds and had the guide drive me back to get my a400. I'm sure lots of people like them, I hated mine.