Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

1 degree this AM in the Goose Fields

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by Tailfeathers, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

......where i am NOT hunting today. Ill leave the frostbite for my ice cream in the freezer, thank you very much. I admit, I’m a pu**y today. Dont want to break ice at the ramp, dont want to have to pour my good coffee in my drain plug hole to get the plug in, dont want to potentially blow up the block on my outboard by using too much starting fluid. Dont want to break brittle decoy heads off my Big Foots in the field, dont want to shoot my limit in 10 minutes and have the birds hit the ground frozen solid like a Butterball Turkey from Walmart’s freezer. ( OK I’m stretching it a bit there,ha) Nope, I’m staying in today. Send the dog out to pee yellow icicles and bring in the cold as she runs back in. My heat pump has been working non stop all last night and is two degrees behind what I commanded it to be. OMG if this goes on, ole Tailfeathers will freeze to death, or he’ll go out to the shed and get his plug in heater that looks like a fireplace when the 4th bourbon kicks in, and just stay at par of 66 degrees...ha.

2. imaduckin up north

imaduckin up north Senior Refuge Member

Welcome to your lost youth, it takes 2 days for me to recuperate from the cold now

mdupont likes this.
  3. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Aint that the truth. Was out goose hunting New Years Eve Day. Cold and constantly windy. Had tons of layers on, but the cold crept in as it does. Hunted the whole day with a nice warm mid day break. Still, was a bit wiped out that night. I hunted the day before too and was definitly not hunting 3 days in a row. 62 aint 22 or even 32....I tell ya.