10 gauge Reloading manual

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by 10GAGENUT, Dec 23, 2017.

1. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Glad you like it and got something from it, proper crimps make a big difference with the large amounts of STEEL powder used in many 10 gauge loads.

2. 10GAGENUT

I had mentioned this in instructions about how well that method works for Winchester 10 gauge hulls, you have to put a spacer or washer under the base of Winchester hulls in the final crimp station if you don't want to adjust down for them. You'll get near perfect crimps on the Winchester hulls with a bit of practice, I've found they make excellent loads.

3. NW BIRDHUNTER

NW BIRDHUNTER Refuge Member

I got mine. Good info, and appreciate the help on additional questions I sent.

4. 10GAGENUT

Glad you like it, the questions are always welcome many times I learn from them also.

5. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

When is 12GAGENUT'S or 20GAGENUT'S reloading manual coming out???:l:l:l
    Pretty nice of you Joe!:tu

jzoo likes this.
  6. 10GAGENUT

I don't do much with the 20 gauge mostly 16 gauge and there's only so many loads I work with in 16, possibility though. For 12 gauge there's so much information out there already and so much factory ammo available it could be a lesson in futility, but I'll let people tell me what they want!!

7. 10GAGENUT

10 gauge Remington hull base wad notes
    Had a few questions on Remington hull loads specifying Low Basewad hulls
    The loads in the manual are for the new style Olive Drab Remington 10 gauge hulls not any of the old style Yellow High Basewad hulls. Many of the recipes that have been available for the Remington hulls are for the old style yellow high base hulls as most have not been updated for the new Olive Drab hulls. When you see a recipe that calls for Yellow Basewad hulls such as in the RSI manual, those are the old style High base hulls. Here's a picture to show the difference
    On left is old style Premier Yellow High basewad hull on right is new style Nitro Steel Low basewad hull
    rem10base.JPG

8. baltz526

baltz526 Senior Refuge Member

And then there is the LOW yellow base, Medium Green Remington hulls. Which load exactly like the Olive green, White or Black base hulls.

9. 10GAGENUT

True that's why I specified Low Base in the manual, but there was some confusion a to what the high base wads were by some.

10. Torgy

Torgy New Member

10GAGENUT,

New to the form , but very interested in busing your manual. Let me know how we proceed.
    Thanks,
    Torgy