10 gauge Terror choke for large shot

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Wapati701, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Wapati701

Wapati701 New Member

Planning on loading BBB, T, TT, and F have you guys had good success with the terror? I've used the pattern master in my SBE and really liked the results. My brother is buying the pattern master for his gold lite but I'm gonna try the terror for all the positive posts I've seen from a lot of you guys

2. Den and Jack

Den and Jack Senior Refuge Member

0.720 has worked well for me in SP-10 and Gold light. Only shot T and smaller.

3. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I don't shoot anything bigger than T, but I've been shooting thru TERROR chokes for over a decade now. I was initially quite surprised at how well they performed back then, especially when they were out patterning the many other chokes I was trying. (Briley, Patternmaster, Carlson, etc etc)
    After a few guns with a lot of patterning with TERROR chokes, I eventually sold all other chokes & bought & patterned TERRORS for all our family guns, including my SX2, SX3, GOLD 10, Benellis etc. They're not cheap, but high quality and they just flat out pattern anything else that I've tried.

Ringbill

4. Sunklands

Sunklands Senior Refuge Member

Even if you're going to shoot factory ammo, the .720 Terror will pattern bettern than all other chokes, I've tested. In my gold 10, the Terror really likes BB's and BBB's at 60 yards.

5. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

.720 is more of an all around steel shot tube ,.705 tube is more specialized, basically extremely tight for Turkey or certain steel shot sizes, steel BB's do well in the.705 tube in certain loads.
    1 1/2 oz load of steel BB's at 1575 fps 47 yards
    [​IMG]

6. bubba682

bubba682 New Member

Well boys im goin to throw a wrench into her i got the .720 and with various reloads i cant get a great pattern past 40yds same with the brily im i went back to the fac full steel im shootin rsi 99/100 with bbb .The tps wad gives a better pattern out of all 3 chokes, i patterned out to 60 yrds and i cant get the % alot of you guys are same gun same chokes and reloads lol.

7. 10GAGENUT

You may not be I had similar problems with my SP-10 mine seems to be extremely wad sensitive, most Gold 10's do very well with the RSI wads and Terror Tubes, the SP-10 not so much.
    First picture is 47 yard load of BB with RSI wad, second is 50 yard BBB load with MM/TPS wad kind of clear which the SP-10 prefers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  8. skywatcher1

skywatcher1 Elite Refuge Member

9. bubba682

bubba682 New Member

The best i was gettin at 50 yrds withy tps was 72% the rsi and mm wads were low 60% to mid 50% all with my gold 10.I got no pics but i can tell ya the patterns weren't great and the % #'s were low.To me it was i think something was blowing the patterns at 16 yds it was very tight at 40 she started driften 50/60 forget it .Back to the pattern board soon to compare all 3 chokes again,just to lets ya know everything is weighed by hand on a lyman 1000 beam scale.Its frusrating boys lol...

10. 10GAGENUT

Thinking maybe overpressure load, depends on what load your using.