10Gauge - Waterfowl Reloading Equipment

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by GooseGunners, Oct 22, 2017.

1. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

The Hevishot hulls being used right now should be Cheddite's, so far people have been using them but they aren't IMO the greatest hull to reload for 10 gauge, to many problems with brass expansion with them. Not much if any load data out there for them.
    The Winchester hulls as Baltz stated have less internal volume than Federals or Remington hulls, the BPD wads will work I have recipes for them or you can shorten other wads if you like. They are a very good hull to reload if you get things right, I have a 1 3/8 oz load that goes 1675 fps with them and does the job.
    The press, well P-W is a very good machine however you can get by with an MEC Sizemaster/Steelmaster and have very good reloads made up, plus they have the collet resizer which is a plus.
    BBB shot will work just fine, if you want bigger go to T's, F steel is waste of time and money not enough pellet count and believe me I tried to make it work. BBB will kill easily out to 60 yards with the right load.
    One you get ready just ask and we'll advise on powder and primers.
    And yes you will get 100% better performance and save some money to boot.

Ringbill likes this.
  2. Sunklands

Sunklands Senior Refuge Member

10Gagenut and Baltz, know what they're talking about when it comes to the ballistics of 10 gauge. Their advice will save you lots of money and time. If they post any info, you must read it, wright it, review it, and recite it.

Ringbill likes this.
  3. wagner77

wagner77 New Member

How much for your stuff ravenanme

4. wagner77

wagner77 New Member

Absolute
    agreed absolutely!

5. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

That comes in a PM......Check it out ?

6. AIRBORNE6869

AIRBORNE6869 New Member

10GAUGENUT is correct, don't dispute his word on the 10. Even if the cost of reloads were more than factory cost, reloading for the better performance would be well worth it. It is easy to make them go fast but keeping the pattern together is a pain.

AIRBORNE