Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

11,000 decoys??

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Ben Perez, Jun 6, 2013.

1. dckhunter83

dckhunter83 Senior Refuge Member

Whether the number stretching and what not is true really makes no matter to me. The thing that I have seen that does rub me a little wrong is the claiming to be the best snow goose hunter in the country. Don't get me wrong 3500+ birds is alot but if I'm not mistaken that number is over 80 days of the spread being out. To me to claim to be the best is kinda disrespectful to guys that are hunting far fewer days with a fraction of the decoys and half the number of shooters and are holdin just as good or better averages per day. I personally feel that it is just as easy to chalk up the success of that grouo to the fact that they are fortunate enough to have the money to invest in that number of decoys. I'd be willing to wager that there are lots of people that could easily kill them numbers if they were able to spend that kind of money.

2. wkochevar

wkochevar Senior Refuge Member

With 14 guys in the pit, I wouldn't even bother with trying to get up for small flock or singles, even if the guide wasn't hogging them. I don't need to shoot my gun that bad, especially like the dude with the Go Pro in the video...looks to me like just blindly throwing 7 rounds out there every time and hoping he can claim a hit even so often...which doesn't appear to be very often ;-) Sorry but that just doesn't look that fun to me.

3. Ben Perez

Ben Perez Elite Refuge Member

I was thinking that was odd too...I also saw that:fp:fp

4. BUCKSHOT#4

BUCKSHOT#4 Elite Refuge Member

LOL, well, I know of at least a dozen guys that have already beaten the liven **** out of the ol' snake. I will give the snake credit, he can take a helluva beating. His last name doesnt' save him around here. If anything it draws. Give it time, he will be getting busted for something. I dont' think he has hunted a legal day in his life.

5. Improvinghunter101

Improvinghunter101 New Member

^^^^ What this guy said. Especially hunting legally. Some of those stories seem pretty cool that old man Hamm could tell, but everybody around here knows that whether they be fishing or hunting, most of the time they ain't legal doing it. There was another thread on a different forum where some guy got blasted for saying they were running e-callers during regular season. Happen to know the guy and I trust his word. Call me crazy, but ain't know way they are killing the numbers of dark geese and ducks over 11k decoys without an e-caller.

6. dckhunter83

All I can really say bout that operation is that those guys from what I've seen and heard could stand to learn a bit of humility. As I said before I think alot of their success can be more attributed to their financial fortunes as to overall skill level. They for sure have a cool deal goin but with all the negativity I've heard about the attitudes in that crew I just wonder how long they will go without problems and alsi have people willing to pay $300 a day to hunt.

7. RingneckSlayer

RingneckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

A quarter million for snows? Sounds stupid but to each his own.

8. dckhunter83

If they have bought as many decoys as they claim this year I would say a quarter mil wont even be close. Not sure a half mil would be enough

9. Richard Finch

Richard Finch Elite Refuge Member

I'm with old Buckshot on this one.. I wouldn't pay a plug nickel to hunt with the no count POS... And from what I've heard hunting pressure is about to increase in his area...

Richard

10. duxh8me

duxh8me Elite Refuge Member

I was on Both 10,000 Snow goose decoy hunts in Texas many moons ago,,, way too many guys and Texas Rags...lol... still liked the experience and if we had an wind the first year it may have been DIRTY... every group and it was a migration day came in for a high look... if flyers were made then, OUCH I love the snow goose and would love to hunt the 11,000 spread! Jim Villwok Rowlett Texas