12/6/08 - Whacked 212 crows!

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunters Forum' started by Crowkiller1, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Crowkiller1

Crowkiller1 Senior Refuge Member

We normally use the Winchester Featherlight AA's. 26 grams of 8 shot going 980 fps. However, I have also used Reminton's version, which is 7/8 oz of 8.5shot going 1100 fps. The Remington round is a slightly louder, but still quiet enough for our purposes. We've started reloading too, the recipe is something like 13 grains of WAAlite powder, WAA12L wad, 7/8 oz of shot. Seems to be about the equivalent of the Winchester Featherlights, but at half the cost.:grvn:grvn

Thanks, that was my buddy 'Gadget Bob' who has the Browning Gold Fusion that was converted to cycle the featherlight loads. That was kind of an experiment, and so far, it hasn't been completely successful. It works, but it unacceptably unreliable. He's still trying to work out the kinks. So yes, we're all using pump guns most of the time, I shoot an 870, the others use BPS's.

2. Sledneck

Sledneck Senior Refuge Member

I'm jealous, that looks like a ton of fun! Are you guys using decoys? Electronic calls or mouth calls? Thanks for the info!:D

3. DownEastFowler

DownEastFowler Senior Refuge Member

Wow, looks like a great time for sure. :eek:

4. TDB Man

TDB Man Senior Refuge Member

Impressive!! I might have to give a metro barrel a shot here in Michigan.

5. Long Boom

Long Boom Senior Refuge Member

where can you get a metro barrel

6. Crowkiller1

Yes, all of the above. We put out owl, crow, and hawk decoys, and call with a Snow Crow Pro by FoxPro. We do a little mouth calling, but the electronic call accounts for 99% of the body count.

alot of places sell them, but most are sold out. Best bet is contact the manufacturer directly.

www.metrogun.com

7. drakebuster84

drakebuster84 Senior Refuge Member

Where do you get the ammo? I have looked high and low online and cannot find anywhere that sells it. I've killed what i thought was a lot until you posted that pic, but i think the metro gun barrel will definitely make a diff. Thanks for the info

8. Crowkiller1

I buy mine at Wal-Mart for $7.57 a box, but not all stores carry it. BassPro usually stocks it too, but charges about $9 per box. There are quite a few online retailers, but none of them are cheaper than Wally World. The other option is to reload. We can do that for $4.50 a box.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_67999_425004003_425000000_425004000_425-4-3

9. Long Boom

Long Boom Senior Refuge Member

where can you get one of these barrels

10. drakebuster84

drakebuster84 Senior Refuge Member

What is your recipe for reloading them shells? I reload all my crow loads by hand, and by your results i think reloading some of them shells w/a metro would make my hunts way better. Thanks again for all the information:clap