Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

12 Volt Ecaller Battery and charger thoughts

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by canpoint, Dec 11, 2016.

1. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

Well, you just talked to first guy who carries a tester. I monitor both discharge and charge because I got tired replcing bateries. You can get them free from Harbor Freight at times. It makes no difference if it is a big or little lead battery, running it to zero ruins them. The big ones just cost a whole lot more to replace.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

yes we do use a lot of ext. cords but all our callers are placed 1 time and left[hopefully] the cords r soon mudded in we have a field next to a 30ac. lake and a nice blind we don't use for ducks all the guys r old so we set up when its dry or froze. I agree I don't get vol. from the marine sp. but they like the sounds of those mummurs for singles or small groups. the horn callers alert us when the batteries are low. I have 1 caller made from a really exp. car amp. that would wake the dead. rarely use it[2 loud] all our boxes and speakers r mounted under 30 in shells and all the speakers r pointed at the ground.

3. ten times better

all we use for speaker wire is cheap wallmart ext. cords[ super cheap,brown and the plug ins r built in] . usually 15 ' rarely they have a 20 at our ace hardware for 3.99 bought 5 last year allthey had. I did order 4 new speakers from the other thread.

4. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Guys,

This is the wire I use, longer runs require heavier gauge, 14-2 should be good. Runs about 30 cents a foot fyi

[​IMG]

Empty Skies likes this.
  5. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

SO what kind f charger do you run for your deep cycle batteries for your vortex's?

6. ten times better

we bring the batteries to the garage usually last 2or3 weeks we only run them when there r birds we have a lake with lots of floaters they really like that 1/2 hour after dark. almost every night we wish we had 15 more minutes. we have 4 horns on the water. all we run after sunset. we also unplug daily that seems to make the batt. last [ might be our imagination]

KID CREOLE likes this.