16 lb. goose contest

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Honker Guide, Sep 1, 2006.

1. bringemdown_17

bringemdown_17 Senior Refuge Member

If someone wins this I want to see that goose. Looks like no one is going to win it this season. For my curiosity if someone does win are they suppost to show a picture of the bird on the scale. How many rocks can you stuff down a honkers neck?

2. pokolodi

pokolodi Refuge Member

Keep it at 16, 15 pounders are fairly common here.

3. ksubigbuck

ksubigbuck Elite Refuge Member

I shot what I thought was the biggest goose in the entire world. Turned out to be a 13.5 pounder. If I can kill a 13.5, a good hunter should be able to do better. Make 'em earn it...keep it at 16!

Hunter

4. DUCKGOD

DUCKGOD Elite Refuge Member

The bigggest one i have ever seen has been 14.5 pounds. If that was a greater, where are all the giants??

5. Honker Guide

Honker Guide Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

If someone wins, or at least thinks they have a winner, they have to send it to me for verification!!! No cheating here. We will then send it back to them. I guarantee that you will see a picture of it. Because of the many responses, I have decided to drop the weight next season to 15 lbs. But because there is so much interest in a really big Canada goose; if there is a winner at 15 lbs, I will run the contest the following year at 16lbs so that we can keep the quest for the giant sasquatch goose alive!! If there is not a winner next year , we will drop the weight, the following season to 14 lbs [I have shot a 14 lb Canada] and follow up the following year by going back to 16 lbs. Paul

6. cripple

cripple Senior Refuge Member

keep it at 16 we get quite a few 14-15 pounders here during the ealy season

7. Doubletap

Doubletap Elite Refuge Member

Please keep it at 16, it may take a while, but someone will get it, plus it really keeps things interesting around here, you drop it to 15 and it's mine, I got him in the freezer waiting:dv :dv :dv

8. 10garem

10garem Senior Refuge Member

Paul, I completely agree with your plan.
    Would satisfy everyone OR should
    Very possibly winner next year with 15 pound er but for sure with 14 pound er the next year and then going back to ever evasive 16 pound er.
    YEP will keep this going for another good two years or more.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have decided to drop the weight next season to 15 lbs. But because there is so much interest in a really big Canada goose; if there is a winner at 15 lbs, I will run the contest the following year at 16lbs so that we can keep the quest for the giant sasquatch goose alive!! If there is not a winner next year , we will drop the weight, the following season to 14 lbs [I have shot a 14 lb Canada] and follow up the following year by going back to 16 lbs. Paul

9. BIG BANG

BIG BANG Elite Refuge Member

I also agree with your plan!!!

10. Elkhunter

Elkhunter Senior Refuge Member

Paul...what would you give me for a 12 pound pheasant???