1648 Lowe Jon Transom Rebuild

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Matt Cerniglia, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Matt Cerniglia

Matt Cerniglia Refuge Member

Thanks! Not the prettiest but completed my goal. A lot more time and money then wanted but boats are expensive either way. That transom can hold a lot of weight and will last forever.

2. Duane Read

Duane Read Refuge Member

It looks like It! That thing would be a beast with the 90 during the season. Wouldn't have to worry about anyone beating you to a spot unless they slept there haha

3. Matt Cerniglia

Ya no doubt. Only if I know that part of lake or river well do I want to be moving that fast in the morning. If I had pods on there I would be more comfortable using it. Biggest downfall is the width of boat. After blind gas battery dog and decoys can’t put much more in there. I got that motor for an awesome price so I want to take care of it. Don’t want to be hitting any stumps or rocks at speed.

4. Duane Read

Duane Read Refuge Member

Oh yeah that would not be good

5. Matt Cerniglia

Got everything wired up. Need to get my blind on in the morning to get ready for afternoon hunt. Put my jack plate switch on side of seat can adjust height while I have a hand on tiller.

Attached Files:

6. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

Have you ran that hull with the 90 on it yet?

I couldn't get my 1648 Crestliner to handle a 2000 Merc 40 unless I put 160lbs of weight up front or filled the center seat livewell.

7. Matt Cerniglia

Yes I have. Just me in the boat light load up front she did well. Didn’t want to push her past half throttle but jumped right on plane once jack and trim adjusted right.