2.7 EB or 5.0?

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by buck_master_2001, Sep 3, 2017.

1. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

I hear you. Both trucks were kept 3 years. I enjoy driving new trucks and having nothing to worry about (in theory). I get bored with them and like to change it up. I would say even long term durability wise they have came a long ways just by word of mouth and anything I’ve read. It all seems to be a crap shoot for the most part. Manufactures can’t get by these by producing garbage. There too much competition out there. The big 3 account for 93% of all 1/2 ton and up truck sales in the US.

2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I enjoy a new truck as much as the next guy, I just don't find that few weeks worth of good feelings to be worth the premium you pay for it. I sold trucks for a few years and was constantly driving around in new, top of the line vehicles and after a while they just didn't do much for me--especially after seeing what people would do and pay to drive them.
    They're definitely better built, like I said I don't deny that, I just don't think the quality or feature increase has kept up with the price increase.

3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Sure they do! They call it a warranty. :yes

tcc likes this.
  4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Turns out, there is a known problem with the cooling system, as it relates to the heater core. Mine is in the shop awaiting parts that are back ordered to the tune of 9000 orders. The fix is going from a 'T' fitting to a 'Y' fitting (or reverse that, I get confused)

There are 'shade tree mechanic' fixes on the net, but I am not so inclined.

Anyway, a known issue since 2011, and no recall. Annoying.

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. stevena198301

The connection on mine goes from the thermostat, and Ys out, one to the block, one to the core (it looks to me). Sounds like Ford has a similar config.

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

This has something to do with the connection to the heater core. If I don't turn the heat up (yea, that never happens in MT in Jan) then I don't lose coolant much. If I turn on the heat, you can see it pouring out.

7. stevena198301

Ahh, got it.

8. Native NV Ducker

Yea, just the connection hoses. Heater core is fine (we think)