Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

2 man layout

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by big n nasty, May 16, 2014.

1. big n nasty

big n nasty Elite Refuge Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Who makes the best 2 man layout boat? I will be using it about 4 days a week.
    Also something I can pull in and out of my Carolina Skiff.
  2. straitmeat72

straitmeat72 Elite Refuge Member

Mar 8, 2005
    lurking in the shadows of DE
    mlb Kevlar, light super sturdy. let me know if you want to check mine out
  3. bpul2113

bpul2113 Senior Refuge Member

Jan 16, 2006
    South Central Iowa
    Greetings from Iowa,

I had 2 UFO's and had them highly modified. Amazing boats, used them in seas to 4ft and never got wet (TRUE). what ever boat you choose have the bottom of the boat LINEX"D smooth. This will protect from cracks and such and also keep you from going through the bottom of boat when someone ****s up and jumps in.

Seen this happen at Chesapeake Beach and the guy lived, but it was close. Also, be sure to put a hard rubber barrier completely around the edge of the boat. When you do that you will be able to store and transport the boats upright without damaging the most vulnerble piece of the boat, the edge.

One more thing, put velcro all over the boat and the then put velcro all over about twenty decoys so you can attach these decoys to the boat, amazing results...believe me. I think the ducks think it is a small island or something and the fly directly over it. I have had ducks (SEA DUCKS) actually hit my gun barrel when set up this way.

Anyway, give me a call when you can. Back to North Dakota October 10-17 this year and back to Devils Lake at the Frank Loyd Wright house. Always a hoot.