2 row planter

Discussion in 'Habitat Forum' started by Palmer, May 15, 2019.

1. Palmer

Palmer New Member

I am looking at getting a two row planter for my tractor to put some corn in for ducks and do other food plots for deer as well. I would like a not till option. Is there one to stay away from or does anyone know of one for sale. I've been looking at the John Deere 7100 series but know nothing good or bad about them. Any input appreciated.

2. PaulinKansas

PaulinKansas Elite Refuge Member

I was doing the same thing 20 years ago. Kept looking on eBay and I found one about an hour away from where I live. It might be a little late to plant corn, depending on where you live.

3. bbfky

bbfky Elite Refuge Member

I'm in KY and we are about to start planting corn so it's probably not too late. If you are just looking for food plots a 4 Row JD 7100 would probably be worth the investment assuming your tractor has a remote and can pull it. Most are 36" but if you aren't planning on combining it doesn't matter, if you can find a 30" in a 7100 get it there were several conservation JD planters that were 30" with heavy duty down pressure springs that would work. most planters are fairly easy to work on and get parts for . If you have a small tractor then a 2 row 3PT No till would be fine. I have a little 2 Row AC planter for my dove field but I wouldn't trust it if I were doing more than 2-3 acres. If you find a good rebuilt 7100 it should last you forever all the 2 rows are just cut down larger planters typically from 7100s or 7200s.

stevena198301 likes this.
  4. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

I have a two row JD 7100 flex planter that does a pretty good job in the food plot. Have planted corn,beans,sunflower and peas wth no problem. Keep an eye out on C L for used planter.

5. luckydevil

luckydevil New Member

Don't know where you are located, but tractor house.com or similar auction sites have listings for that sort of thing in all parts of the country.