Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

2 vs 4 arm rotary?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Meach, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Meach

Meach Elite Refuge Member

I just bought a 4 arm sillosock rotary because Mack's was out of 2 arms. My friend has a 2 arm. The more arms the better or not?

2. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

3. 10gaBBB

10gaBBB Senior Refuge Member

Bottom line is they both work....WHEN the birds want them!!. We've run up to eight 2-bird rotaries plus a 9-bird. Sometimes the birds are totally suicidal over them; other days not so much. Be flexible enough to move them around in the spread and willing not to use them at all depending on the birds' reaction. Juvies and Rossies most days are very susceptible to them.

4. Wapiti@67

Wapiti@67 Senior Refuge Member

Doesn't hurt to mix it up. Like 10 gauge said, always be ready to move them around or even take them down. Some days they are tough to beat, other days you want to bury them. Just like everything else with decoying snow geese!

5. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

What they said^^^^^^^ Sometimes the circus comes down, sometimes I wish I had more:)

6. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

We have both but I would prefer to have more two arms spread throughout kill hole area vs 4 arm+ versions. I just think the two arms look more natural vs being all blobbed together on one rotary. If I had 20 fliers would rather have 10 two arm rotaries vs. 5 four arm rotaies.

Just my opinion and preference.

Good luck