2007-2008 Dog Pics.....

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Kimmie, Oct 20, 2007.

1. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Great shots Hitch, love the aggressiveness of the dog and the water in the shots! :tu :tu

Great pics GC!

Doug

2. dog duck gun

dog duck gun Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Blueyed-goof

Blueyed-goof Senior Refuge Member

I took my boy on his first ever duck hunt. We're currently (still) working on his gunshyness issue. I took my gun but I didn't shoot, even though I had some opportunities. I knew that eventually there would be another shooter out on the pond and sure enough they showed up. I got out there about 1015 this am, to give the crazies a chance to leave.

The first couple of shots Mackenzie was spooked, but I threw his dummy for him that he is in love with and he would fetch it up even though he was a bit scared. Then the guy kept on shooting and it sounded like a warzone back where he was shooting. At that point it really scared Mackenzie, but he kept going fetching the dummy. Until the very last bit of shooting. He had decided enough was enough and he hid under my seat in the canoe. I don't blame him on that set though. The guy didn't have his plug in and kept wailing away at the coots. Perhaps it's not the best way to help get him over the gunshyness, but it seems to have worked a bit. I don't expect miracles overnight, but without any training partners it's a bit hard to work with him except in areas and settings like the one I had today. I'm pleased with how everything worked out though.

After we loaded back in the truck, we drove a bit through the woods some more and went in search of more ducky holes. So we ended up stopping and getting out and wandering through the woods. He obviously isn't traumatized from the experience since he had a great time tromping through some of the holes we found in the back of the woods. It's a slow process, but one I hope that will pay off. He loved watching all the coots that were frolicking in front of us. And the otters fascinated him.

A little history on the dog: I picked him up about a year and a half ago from the pound. He's a full blooded Toller that was going to be put down b/c he was in the pound too long. Initially it took two people to bodily pick him up and put him in the truck, now he won't stay out. If you dropped a spoon on the tile floor he used to run and hide. I would bet that he was shot at prior to being picked up by the pound police or abused heavily based on how skittish he used to be with noises.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. dukxdog

dukxdog Senior Refuge Member

My constant companion, Tag. Baracuda Blue/Storm's Riptide Star Bloodlines. He's a good one!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

BEG

Your doing the right things with him, keep getting him out! It'll happen! Great pics!

Doug

6. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

These pics of Skye were taken last weekend....January 26, & 27.......the last weekend of the waterfowl season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. GulfCoast

GulfCoast Moderate Moderator Moderator

The last day of the season:

[​IMG]

8. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

[​IMG]

9. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

Some of my OLD dawgs from the year...