2007 - 2008 Hunting Seasons Photos...

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Kimmie, Oct 20, 2007.

1. SPECKLEBELLY13

SPECKLEBELLY13 Senior Refuge Member

Great Pictures! You guys aren't all bundled up though. Just to comfort you California guys, It was 22 below zero this morning on my way to work, with a 40 below windchill. There ain't no hunting season going on here!

2. brantboy2

brantboy2 Elite Refuge Member

LD,

excellent photos...looks like you had a good/safe season...have to get my cousin who lives in San Mateo to take me north for some of that bird shooting...been to Burney to do some flyfishing at Hat Creek! heard that there's sea ducking in the bay? I did get a California Waterfowl hat from him several years ago!!

3. TAZ

TAZ Senior Refuge Member

My favourite hunts are with my wife. Here's one from the opener (Sept/07). 5 of us in two blinds - 29 teal and a mallard. My wife and I finished first and she got her first double - 2 bw teal:

[​IMG]

This is from an October ringer hunt. We ended up getting our limit but I like this pic the best:

[​IMG]

Taz

4. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

brantboy2.....Believe it or not, this past season was the worst in my entire life. We had some really nice hunting trips, but overall it was a very poor season. During all of November and half of December, I killed very few ducks and geese compared to other years. But yes, It was a safe season, other than having my truck run into me (pinning me against our duck club metal gate) and breaking 2 ribs. And it certainly was an enjoyable season.....heck, I love every past season.

I go thru Burney several times a year on my way up to hunt geese in Northern Cali. The fly fishing around there is unbelievable Hat creek, Spring Creek, and Fall River)......one of the better areas in the US. And yes.....there is some good sea duck hunting in the bay.....I'd like to give it a try sometime.

5. Blueyed-goof

Blueyed-goof Senior Refuge Member

[​IMG]
    A picture with me and my taxidermist, Blake Wilson, out of Huntsville, AL. He's a pretty good guy. The nicest BW Teal I've ever gotten. Check out that big white patch on the back of the birds' head.

[​IMG]

Weekend before the end. A special treat, a wabbit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How we got around

[​IMG]

A pretty blue bill from the layout boat, that I hunted for the first time this year. YAY!

6. brantboy2

brantboy2 Elite Refuge Member

BEG,

must be nice to have a your taxidermist personally pole you around:dv congrats on the nice hunt and season...any pics of the birds that he's done for you?

7. Blueyed-goof

well I sure wasn't complaining that he was paddlin' and not me. :) a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do

[​IMG]

the wigeon is mine, the other three my buddy's but all done by Blake...it's a chilean or chiloe wigeon. All the birds are from my trip to Argentina. I think that Blake did a fantastic job on all of the birds. Here's his website http://www.trophybirds.com/

8. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Blueyed-goof......I always love to see the pics you post. :tu The hunting in your neck of the woods, and mine is sure different. You get species of waterfowl that I've never seen before. I'm looking at the picture of all the male Blue-winged Teal......in my entire life, I've only killed 2 of them out here. Our number one bird is the Green-winged Teal.

9. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

Here one from likely my favorite hunt of the season. A good afternoon shot with my 6 year old boy and my 10 year old dawg....

[​IMG]

10. Blueyed-goof

well I just got back from argentina...thought i'd post a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    red shoveler and rosy billed pochard

[​IMG]
    chiloe widgeon

[​IMG]
    perdiz hunting

[​IMG]