Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

2007 Spring Snow Goose Reports

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Finlander

Finlander Senior Refuge Member

For our group we got 64! One neck collered snow! I could only hunt last saturday and sunday, but I ended up harvesting 10 for our group!
    We found a spot that was "Money". They kept flying over this spot like it was a major flyway to say the least! I had them flying at me 10 feet above the ground coming right at me on a minimum maintenence road like it was a major flyway!
    Gotta love it when it happens! But my shooting skills were'nt up to par so the thrill of those geese coming at me will never be forgotten! That's why we spend mega bucks in gas money, because it just does'nt happen everytime!:yes

2. Honkerman

Honkerman Banned

Hunted in the Huron SD area Monday-Tuesday. Well over 1/2 million birds in the area, many moved out Monday night but tons still there. A lot of sheet water in the fields up there. Tough birds to get in even with over 1500 windsocks and 10 dozen Bigfoot decoys but plenty of shooting. Word is more have moved into Squaw Creek on there way up here still. Any verification to that? Nothing in Iowa right now so we need em' .

3. shirtguy

shirtguy Elite Refuge Member

Still birds in SD. My son and I shot 24 today all juvies and ross. Lots of fun.

4. jkern

jkern Elite Refuge Member

Still killin 10-30 birds a half day about every day with a south wind and no rain in east central Nebraska.

Gotta love these good hatch years. :yes

5. KEN

KEN Moderator Moderator

I live close to the Manitoba border.Huge numbers moving into Canada yesterday.Several waves that were a couple miles long went over the house yesterday.

6. Mike Z

Mike Z Senior Refuge Member

We hunted thurs- sat killed 189 birds in 3 days not many left around that we can find. scouted all day today to find a field for the morn i'll post up how we do. Mike

7. Coldfronts

Coldfronts Senior Refuge Member

Got a call last night from the farmer in SK we hunt with. He said they are expecting a big storm around the Quills the next couple days. He said Honkers had started showing up with NO WATER open and 4' of Snow in the middle of fields. I'm betting those birds fatten up big time around Devils Lake and in Southern SK.

As for Iowa we finished yesterday with 23. Still some Juves around. Hunted water and decoyed them like Mallards. Made for a fun day with 40+mph winds.

8. Ritchieduck

Ritchieduck Senior Refuge Member

We have had a real strong migration move in here in the last 5 days. Hunting preasure is none. Untill 04.01.07:dv . I saw a couple 1/4 sections covered. Still a tone of snow north of us so they should stick around for a while.

9. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

We just got back from our spring wavey goose hunt in North Dakota and we had fair success and 'miserable'---good hunting weather & very windy. We got about a 50/50 split on adults and juvies and then some ross' too. There are a lot of birds using the area we ended up hunting which is between Devils Lake and Rock Lake and to the EAST of that line. Lots of good hunting to still be had for those willing to fight the elements, including the MUD!.
    Ringbill

10. Kalend

Kalend Refuge Member

Went out to start picking up the decoys today and while i was driving out to the pond, had about 30 snows get up out of them! First one's ive seen for a couple days!