2008-2009 Hunting Photos

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Kimmie, Aug 29, 2008.

1. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Some fantastic pics here and obviously some great hunts! Congrats! :tu

2. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

KS_SusieQ......From the looks of the pictures you posted, I'd say you had some pretty nice hunting and fishing trips in the Fall of 2009!! I hope the 2010-11 season went well for you also.

3. KS_SusieQ

KS_SusieQ Refuge Member

It did!! We had a great season last year!! Hopefully this one will be even better with the reports from DU and Delta about the high duck counts ... :)

4. Lame-Duck

KS_SusieQ.....I'm glad to hear you did well last season. For my family and friends out here in California, it was really a pretty darn good waterfowl season also. From the looks of things now, I'm thinking this coming season will be just as good and maybe even a little better. I'm really looking forward to it......hope you too have a really good one.

5. Nelliboy2

Nelliboy2 Elite Refuge Member

tell me about it, we got like 9 days till early season here in ohio, and well i just can't wait any longer. lol i've waited 8 months. lol oh well i hope this is going to be a killer year. we found a bunch of new spots and have access to a bunch of feilds for this season. now it's all up to the birds to show up in mass numbers, because i know i will be waiting out there for'em:dv:dv

6. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

wow !...

7. brantboy2

brantboy2 Elite Refuge Member

Mike,

As long as i've know you on the fuge, you haven't had a bad season yet:l

8. Lame-Duck

Ron....Actually the season before last was not all that great around these parts. The 2009-10 season is one we all kinda want to forget as far as bird numbers are concerned. I had a 4.8 bird (duck) average for 47 hunting trips.....plus an additional 12 geese. I was indeed more fortunate that most of the guys on my club. On quite a few of those hunts, I stayed in the blind from daylight until shoot time ended.

Last season (2010-11) I had a 5.9 bird (duck) average for 46 hunting trips, plus an additional 30 geese.....I was quite pleased with that....much better than the previous season. Everyone around here did better last year. Most all hunters claim a higher bird averages than the previous season.

For the up coming waterfowl season everthing seem to be falling into place. We have had excellent food growth on our ponds, good hatches of local birds, and we will be able to get all the water we needed. Needless to say, all expectations are running high in the Central Valley grasslands.

9. brantboy2

brantboy2 Elite Refuge Member

Mike,

i'd take your bad season anyday:dv but looks like you are getting out alot and thats a beautiful thing...one of these years i'll have to find an excuse to see my cousin in San Mateo..and do some gunning...good luck with the upcoming season..Ron

10. Lame-Duck

Thanks Ron,

Our balance of the state waterfowl season begins this coming Saturday. My daughter is going out with me, and we're looking forward to really good opener. I hope you too have a great (and safe season).

Mike