2008-2009 Hunting Photos

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by Kimmie, Aug 29, 2008.

1. cowgirlnca

cowgirlnca Senior Refuge Member

Damn hens! LOL Good story tho huh!

I'm heading out for pig hunt with my new bow in a few hours, wish me luck.

2. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Cutters, great pic!

QueenoftheMarsh great turkey pics. You turkey hunt enough you'll have more run ins with hens! But that's the fun of turkey hunting and it's totally addicting.

Cowgirl how'd that pig hunt go?

Good Luck hunting ladies and keep the pictures coming.

Doug

3. cowgirlnca

cowgirlnca Senior Refuge Member

No piggies, but going again today in a few hours... I'm learning my new bow, I've got the groupings within an inch or less at 20 yards. Piggies are going down (lol if I find them that is)

4. dirty bird

dirty bird Senior Refuge Member

I got these 3 common mergansers on the MO river yesterday. Stopped at 3, didn't need or want anymore. They are just for the wall.

[​IMG]

5. QueenOfTheMarsh

QueenOfTheMarsh Senior Refuge Member

I was hoping that we could take another picture like this one (from '07) this past season....
    [​IMG]
    But we didn't get quite that lucky this year, hopefully next season we can...and more importantly I hope I can actually shoot a Canvasback, since they were closed this year. :(

Congrats on the commons!! Lots of those where I hunt, but I can't bring myself to shoot one- they're so nasty tasting. The boyfriend wants a few for the wall too - so I'll let him shoot 'em!!

6. twentygauge_wonder

twentygauge_wonder Senior Refuge Member

Here in the Willamette Valley, OR, we rarely get snow. For it to accumulate beyond an inch is quite the feat. Beyond that, in our NW Permit Zone with limited hunt days (Wed, Sat, Sun) the odds are so slim of hunting in snow that earlier this week it seemed too good to be true. However, it stuck around long enough that we still had a good amount on the ground this morning. I brought the camera out for a quick picture, but of course the lens was foggy in the cold. Oh well... I still like it!

[​IMG]

7. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

My son Marc and I have always had a tradition of hunting together on Christmas Day, ever since he was in college (which has been a lot of years ago :yes). We have never had a single poor hunt in all those years. We always manage to end up with limits. I honestly didn't expect all that great of a shoot this year, because a south wind and heavy rain was predicted......that usually spells trouble for us.

Someone upstairs was smiling on us, because we woke up this morning to a north west wind, and man, did the birds come in nice. We finished up fairly early, and Marc killed a bird that both of us have been dying to shoot......a beautiful Eurasian Widgeon.....it really made the hunt a special one, that we will both always remember. We ended up with 2 pintail, 5 widgeon, and 7 gw teal.....a nice mess of birds for the grasslands here in California.

[​IMG]
    This is what made Christmas so great.....a really nice shoot this morning. Marc show off his Eurasian Widgeon......a beautiful bird.

8. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

20gaWonder keep getting out, when that snow melts the geese will flock to your fields!

LD, great Xmas shoot, congrats on making more memories, and congrats to Marc on a great trophy there! :tu:tu

Dirtybird congrats on the Mergies!

Doug

9. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Thanks, Doug.

10. goose_slayer

goose_slayer Senior Refuge Member

Congratulations on another tradition providing fruitful harvest including an elusive trophy that both of you will admire and remember forever. Peace.