Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

2008 Spring snow goose Reports

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Jan 23, 2008.

1. maddogg

maddogg Senior Refuge Member

wave after wave of snows pushing north sunday evening near lake andes.not sure how many came back today.didnt hunt today but seen many piling into corn fields.

2. ALLSTAR 1

ALLSTAR 1 Elite Refuge Member

Looking to expand my hunting options......

What is the difference between "ditch pounding" and "sneaks".

Do you shoot from the truck in "ditch pounding"?

3. O E J

O E J Senior Refuge Member

2 days in the rainwater basin resulted in 50 birds for our group. 20 were taken on sneak and 30 in the decoys. many singles and 2-6 bird groups that would come into the decoys. birds were very hard to work in this year. did not see as many migrating as we did last year either. we were hunting in south east nebraska.

4. ty stromquist

ty stromquist Senior Refuge Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That was sure a lot of dead meat to clean with 2 guys. :dv

5. dekechukin'

dekechukin' Senior Refuge Member

Looks like mostly adults where u were hunting Ty??............

6. wyfarrell

wyfarrell Senior Refuge Member

Sure enjoy those mature birds. I know everybody get excited (and becomes snow goose hunters) during young bird cycles, but MAN there is nothing like getting mature snows to finish into a rig. LOVE seeing folks that kill them, ready to kill some myself.

7. James Bauch

James Bauch Elite Refuge Member

Any snows left in MO??? I am hoping we are not done here in IA yet!!! Thanks.

Jim

8. ALLSTAR 1

we saw less than 300 today. We saw about 200 get up and leave the refuge and saw 2 groups of migrators by noon.
    Had a 3 pack and 2 pairs of juvenile snows come in and managed to botch the finish and only got 3 total.

Group to our east killed at least 4 maybe 5; they shot well. Another group to our west fired a couple of volleys. I was surprised there were that many hunters still chasing them. Pressure has sure increased in the last couple of years. It was a muddy mess~

I would say mid missouri is pretty much over except for the odd stranlers.

9. johnson

johnson Senior Refuge Member

I hunted snows on my own just north of squaw,it was great even though I did not get very many I still was able to get 2 adult snows,2 adult ross's, and 2 juv. eagle-phase blues 2 are being saved to mount. The weather was clear and sunny from 45 to 70 by the end of the hunt. Very little hunting pressure where I was at and I was able to find new places to hunt next year talked to a local who had fields close to the squaw to hunt only had to take his teenage son along to hunt. It was just a great hunt I did't have to kill high #'s but just enjoyed all of the wildlife Missouri has to offer,tons of ducks,specs,turkeys,deer,quail,etc....stuff I would never get to see in Pa.I left sunday at 9:30a.m. and drove straight through till monday at6:eek:o a.m. and started to hunt all day.Just an over-all great experience!

10. ALLSTAR 1

I heard that 12 guys killed 500+ last week north of Squaw in one day:eek: . 100+ in decoys balance on jump shooting. Thats a pile of geese!