Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

2008 Spring snow goose Reports

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Jan 23, 2008.

1. blklabs2

blklabs2 Senior Refuge Member

Just got back from se sd, there is LOTS ofsnows and lots of sheet water from last weeks snow lots of geese came back from the north this am,we shot 361 juvs started last two days they love the vortex I will have two of them soon, ended with 2 bands, the day of the snow storm we pass shot in fog and snow with the call only, had a great shoot ,the MUD is real bad!!!! good luck

2. orange legs

orange legs Senior Refuge Member

We hunted around Central Ia Fri and Sat. We had 26 on the ground Fri by 11 including a banded Ross shot by 10gaBBB. That's the 2nd year in a row he has shot a band. This one was shot less than a half a mile away from last years. Everything went dead by 1. Had 1 more flock check us out and only had a shot at a single and dropped it for #27. We saw plenty of birds today. Unfortunately Sat we only dropped 1 today. We saw lots of birds again but pretty sure we saw same birds as Fri. Pics will come later.

3. rascal

rascal Elite Refuge Member

Mighty slow around Lincoln. Had three small flocks 20' off the ground Friday morning in 20+mph winds, not a bird in the air after 10. One group came over early yesterday with no intentions of stopping and that was it for the day.

4. Goosemaster

Goosemaster Elite Refuge Member

whats the scoop from this weekend guys? push south to I 90 corridor? had a buddy hunting a couple days fri and sat and got 10 around that area. im heading out wed at noon for my first of many trips hopefully. I seen on the future radar there may be another storm thursday but hopefully it wont amount to much. ill post up what i see when i get back this comming sunday. im still debating if i should go nd or sd. leaning toward sd i dont want to fight the leading edge birds they are to smart:nutz

5. PSYDUCK

PSYDUCK Senior Refuge Member

Just got back from a trip to Bismarck. The only snows we seen were 50 miles east of there by the town of Dawson. Probably 40 to 50 thousand in the air heading south. That was the only birds we saw all the way back to the border. there is no snow in Bismarck but a lot more from Jamestown to Fargo.

6. short mag

short mag Senior Refuge Member

Most all of the birds that were in ND have gone back to SD.

7. blklabs2

blklabs2 Senior Refuge Member

A couple of our group met up with some friend hunting the same area in sd, that we hunted last wk.yesterday 4birds in am,21in pm all 21 were juvs,so thier showing up,my son saw several flocks on his way to kansas from sd friday that had alot of juvs,so good luck!!!

8. ty stromquist

ty stromquist Senior Refuge Member

Anyone seeing anything in MO yet?

9. goose_caller

goose_caller Elite Refuge Member

Heard they moved way west in sd and found their way around the snow, all the birds we saw on Sunday PM where heading west and we where way west to start with.....should be a good year in Bismark.:tu

10. James Bauch

James Bauch Elite Refuge Member

Probably saw 3 flocks driving around SW Iowa yesterday. Flocks ranged from 1000 - 5000 birds.