2009/10 New King Eider Club Members

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by AleutianKing, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Pitboss

Pitboss Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Kind Words Guys... Thank You!

some flat water from this morning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks,

jeff

2. Canvasback1

Canvasback1 Refuge Member

Congrats, some great looking pics man

3. flyline

flyline Elite Refuge Member

Congratulations

4. Waduckhunter22

Waduckhunter22 Senior Refuge Member

Congrats guys, those are such awesome birds!

Jeff, do you have any pictures of the King decoys you were carving awhile back? I'd love to see them if you do...

Zach

5. AleutianKing

AleutianKing Elite Refuge Member

Today brought another day of Bright sun and light and variable winds, Myself Jeff and Tim went out in the Bankes Boat for a morning D3 hunt near the washing Machine and old ship and set up in the dark 2 complete lines of our Magnum E Allens, we set the hook and waited, and waited and waited the the big groups of Kings Eiders that we had been punishing daily before the storm never flew. After 5 days of gale force winds,20ft seas and storms the majority of Bull Drakes birds have moved way off shore to feed, we had Hens and Juveniles landing in our decoys all morning but No Bull's except 1 that snuck in 1st thing and we unfortunately did not get him. The harlequin and Longtails were all around and I finally talked the guys into shooting a couple real nice trophies while we waited for the special guest to arrive to our private party, Tim took one of the nicest Hens we have taken this week But is still holding out for a Bull King. We had allot of laughs and stories this AM but Diver freak must of used up all my KIng Eider fairy dust and The Bering Sea would not give up her most prized Bounty for us today. Thats why they call it hunting and not Killing. It was very nice Having Jeff Coats and Tim helping me in the Boat with decoys, I just wish I could of pulled off the Big Finish we were all hoping for Today with the Big King Smackdown.

I will go back to what I tell everyone that asks me, This is some of the most X-Treme hunting conditions found anywhere in the world and This island will test your metal. They have 1 day of hunting left and hopfully Capt Moe and Capt Jeff have some of there own King Eider Fairy dust to sprinkle on the last few remaining Hunters who need a Bull king to finish there hunt, becouse I have Officially finished my Season in Alaska and am heading to the Airport to catch a flight To Somerset NJ to the Fly fishing Show where I will be selling some trips to our Fishing Lodge in Bristolbay this summer. I will be back in he office on Tuesday to start our schedules for next years hunting on Island X, Adak and a couple more Exploratory trips to the far reaches of Alaska's most remote hunting, I look forward to chatting with many of you over the next few weeks.

I will be putting up an end of the Year final report after Capt Moe and Capt Jeff W finish there last day tomorrow. Thanks again to all the D3 crew Jeff Tim and Chris and our last group of hunters Harold, Ron Bankes,Tom l and Bill Sanders for there hard work and putting up with me and the Guides punishing them on a daily Basis as I know we all have a few bumps and Bruises from this week as We hunted as hard as humanly possible in some of the worst conditions over the past week and everyone kept smiling, well at least most of the time.

A special thanks To Capt Jeff Coats for all his wonderful Pics of my World never before seen in the public eye, I hope by exposing her raw beauty, Harsh and miserable hunting conditions through a camera lens, Of the Worlds most X-Treme duckhunting in the world Island X everyone will have a better understanding of how truly special This place Is.

As Jeff and Tim were driving me to the Airport this afternoon Jeff said this place was not meant for Duck hunters to hunt. Truer Words have never been spoken. Welcome to my World where Dreams and Nightmares are only 1 trigger pull away.

As my father told me when I was a young man there is a very fine line between Love and Hate, and Island X will bring out all a mans emotions and some days I love it and some days I hate It.

God Bless and All stay safe

6. Chris Nicolai

Chris Nicolai Elite Refuge Member

Just like everyone else Charlie, I've been watching this thread.

Congrats on another season. You made some happy guys and gave a ton more dreams.

And you bring up a VERY important point. That is, getting guys like Jeff Coats up there to work wonders with his camera for others to see. Seaducks are the neatest birds to many of us. Granted, probably 98% of waterfowl hunters in North America could give a rats butt about them, but they are special birds. Getting the word out about them with some of the best pictures possible from guys like Jeff will go a long ways for our northern feathered pals.

We've had good luck at our research camps with this too with Dave Stimac and Jason Otto. Your comment on the love/hate is dead on too. Spending so many summers on the tundra studying these birds has repeatedly had the same effect on me. Frequently leaving a fella wondering what the heck are you doing?!?!?? Downside is, I had to stay there for multiple months with no real way to get home. But, I couldn't imagine not doing it!

Glad to hear of another successful and safe season on the X. And thanks for the updates!

7. Can-man

Can-man Elite Refuge Member

You pretty much summed it up Charlie. After all of the time you have spent on St. Paul, you pretty much have the gist of it. While my group was extremely lucky to not experience the island bearing it's fangs, I could definitely see the potential it had to get ugly. I was very prepared for the absolute worst it had to offer, but was fortunate that I did not have to experience it. You certainly are right on St. Paul being a place where dreams come true, but I can surely see the potential for a nightmare there too. Hopefully you guys will finsh up strong today. Congrats to you Charlie, and you too Moe, on a stellar season anyway you slice it :clap :clap :clap. You guys guided in the fair weather and in the extreme, and got it done the way it should be.

8. flyline

flyline Elite Refuge Member

I was wondering why this thread died! Sir did this bird go to Shane Smith?

9. threadkiller

threadkiller Elite Refuge Member

...bucket list updated.

10. Cajun65

Cajun65 Senior Refuge Member

Same here :tu