2009/10 New King Eider Club Members

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by AleutianKing, Dec 30, 2009.

1. AleutianKing

AleutianKing Elite Refuge Member

Day 4, No Drake Kings down just Harlequin and Longtails. As for the Kings being mounted, All I know is that Harry whitehead of Gunners Taxidermy, Shane Smith of Artistic compositions Jerry Froelich of Flyway Taxidermy and Dale Clemmons Custom Bird works got the majority of the Kings from Island X to Mount as They all do a great job and we never have any complaints from guest's about any of them and they all Know King Eiders in and Out.There are allot of other great Taxidermist out there I just have not seen there work personally on Kings so can not reccomend them.

To all our followers of this epic thread out there I did not mean to leave you hanging, Basically our King Eider season ended at midnight Jan 22, I jumped on a plane and had to fly back to the states to start our winter marketing,Sportshows and sales marathon for my company Alaska Trophy Adventures Lodge www.alaskatrophyadventures.com And since 2010 will be our 25th Year Anniversery Guiding fulltime in Alaska Fishing, Hunting, Bear viewing and family vacations, we have allot of preparing to do to get ready for another busy season coming up in a few weeks.

As for a final ending of the 2009-10 Island x Season for Aleutian Island Waterfowlers It was a another great year with more than 75 Mature drake Kings being harvested along with around 25 or 26 prime hens and too many limits of Harlequin to talk about along with lots of Longtails and Scoters and a half dozen Aleutian teal thrown in so all in all another great season from Island X. And another seasons 100% safety record in tact being able to operate in the Worlds Harshest conditions duckhunting.

So to say we finished the season on a good note is an understatement, unfortunately the last 3 days this year on Island X were rather disappointing chapter for me personally as I was really looking forward to going 100% with hunters and getting a final full length King Eider hunt on Film with D3 tv Jeff and Tim did agreat job just the Bering Sea weather and Kings did not cooperate fully. The last week of the season crushed our 100% success rate as 3 hunters did go home without an opportunity for a drake King Eider. I am starting to get pics of some of the birds from taxidermist private and commercial with some of our birds I will start posting them as they come in.

Again a big thanks goes out to all our hunters as we had a 100% no whining year and We met lots of great hunters. Our staff of Capt Jeff Wasley,Capt Moe Neale along with Dustin and Michelle did a great job and as always My ever reliable 17ft Bankes freedom didn't let us down and always brought us home safe. On a side note we are 90% filled for the 2010/11 season on island x and have 3 spots left open Jan 18-23, and 2 spots Dec28-Jan 3 so if anyone is interested please get in touch with me soon, along with 4 spots open On Adak In mid November for $3000 for an entire week of hunting, and jeff has a couple openings in Coldbay for Brant. We will be in Dallas next week at the DU expo hope to see some of you there Have a great summer and can't wait to see ya on the ice next fall.

Oh I almost forget We will probably have some nice post's in Sept As d3 and Jeff coats are planning on coming up to Bristolbay to hunt ducks and shoot some cool bear Photography with us. Stay safe and wear a pfd while boating.

Here is a Medley from D3 TV from Stpaul. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goEdxSCqZto

End of day hunt interview Island X with the legend Ron Bankes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdR0pW29bts&feature=related
    This is how I want to remember my 09/10 Island X season
    [​IMG]

2. eiderking

eiderking Elite Refuge Member

Damn, that is a smack down! Great shoot :tu

3. AleutianKing

AleutianKing Elite Refuge Member

I finally had a chance to watch the D3 fowl weather video and they came out real nice as we have over 60 minutes of Island X Harlequin and King Hunting on it so if anyone is looking to see the real deal about Island x along with lots of other cool hunts on video you should pick one up, We have some for sale or Get one from Tim or Jeff, I will be bringing some down to Dallas to sell and play at the show.

Capt Charlie

4. Pitboss

Pitboss Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Thank You Charlie! have had a few ask me about the Dallas show.... very good!

jeff