Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

2009 Duck Blind Drawings

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by fanuge, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Avian Thunder II

Avian Thunder II Elite Refuge Member

2. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

....the gal that owned it back then used to work here in Spfld at J&W Countertops with my oldest boy. She had upgraded it to where it looked pretty decent.
    I'm trying to remember the name of the old guy that owned the Brick. At one time he was the oversee'r at Cherry Circle....lived in an old shack over that way back in the woods. Poor old dude couldn't even fix a pot of coffee in the morning 'til he knocked down a 1/2 pint.
    How many of you used to hang out at Mike Basso's (now the Countyline)?
    Had some good times in that area when I was young.

3. dukkalr

dukkalr Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

4. dukkalr

hell Beard of Grey and Hair of Long,, i jus figgered you gave guided tours to the indians in that came into that area:yes:yes:yes:amen

5. Greybeard

Greybeard Elite Refuge Member

Yeh, I did pass some time with my far-flung Brothers. Taught them mound builders down by Lewiston a thing or two about building them mounds when I brought in an HD41 from Allis-Chalmers.....then a D-10 from Cat (the Hi-Drive series). Made them old boys eyes bug out!;)

I'm always amazed when I look from a high vantage point on the East side of the Illinois River across to the far West side ridges and realize that it was probably 5 miles wide or more at one time.
    I'de bet it was one hell of a duck hole at that time.......but what the hell does that have to do with this subject?:scratch
    Mebee them Indians I run around with was from the "Fug-ow-wee" Tribe.
    Yeh, that's it!......I never did know where I was!

6. dukkalr

Fug-ow-wee tribe????,,,, i'll be danged,,, i have it on factual certainty i am from the "frug-em-all" tribe,,, blood line thru and thru, i even think we may be a rogue offshoot from your tribe, seein as how that cave with all the ancestral writins gets smaller and samller the farther back ya go,,, my large carcass can only get so far, but i have seen where there seems to some sort of rift betwixt some members of your tribe and mine and there may have jus been a spilt there ,,, sumpin bout ideals and morals,,and a sqauw named "do em all",,, seems your chief (Big Sheet) was wantin to hog her all to his self and his followers and wasn't wantin to give us'n's a whiff, so my chief ( Rogue Hog) said "Fug - em - all" and broke off to mind his own tribe,,,,,of course everytime we raided your camp all we ever did was step in Big Sheet all the time,, never did get any goods or sqauws captured,, jus sticky stinky feets, that must be how we learnt to be such good swimmers:tu,,,,, hmmmmm mazin what you can learn on these boards,,,,, Grey of Beard-Hair of Long,,,,, we might be related,,, that may splain my penchant for smelly old bars and pickled pigs feets [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. jthunts

jthunts Elite Refuge Member

It only makes sense you 2 goats (I mean ingins are related)

8. Uncle Kwacker

Uncle Kwacker Elite Refuge Member

just outside chicago there's a place called illino
    :scratch didn't one of your tribes have a chief Come-on-a-wanna lay ya..................juz axin

9. DANNY NEWELL

DANNY NEWELL Elite Refuge Member

I bet the posse could arrange some cash for this good cause.:l

DANNY

10. dukkalr

we have pride,, we don't mix with that type of teepee trash from the other side of the trail,,,,,, uless we is all hoppped up on whiskey and it's a moonless night:eek::eek: