2011 GMC Sierra 1500 - aftermarket parts

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by itallushrt, Jan 11, 2013.

1. itallushrt

itallushrt Elite Refuge Member

Picked up a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 yesterday and I'm looking for opinions on the best leveling kit, chip, etc.

Lets have 'em. :tu

2. c-hawk19

c-hawk19 Elite Refuge Member

People I know that have used tuners have had good results from edge, superchips, and hyper tech. on the leveling kit I am pretty sure that the new gmc's and chevy's just use the suspension blocks for the leveling kits so it really shouldn't matter too much. Just my .002

3. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

readylift uses a top and bottom spacer for 2.25 inch level kit. no cutting off of top strut studs with it. Save your money on the tuner.

4. Nelliboy2

Nelliboy2 Elite Refuge Member

i've never heard of people putting chips/tuners on gasers. i've only heard of diesels using them. huh learn something ever day.

5. 3056

3056 Senior Refuge Member

Take a look at Black Bear performance for a custom tune. You will get more out of a custom tune than just a chip.

6. BaRtMaN

BaRtMaN Moderator Sponsor

If you have a buddy that is a mechanic and has a good snap on OBDII reader computer, he can get into the computer of your truck and do things like remove the rev limiter and the 100 MPH limiter and a bunch of other things as well. I am not sure what all they can do with them still, but I know mine is not stock for sure...lol! Mine has the LT-1 and is crazy fast for being a 4 X 4.

7. supermag

supermag Senior Refuge Member

If you're gonna level the front, spend the little extra to get the Bilstein 5100 Adjustables, or the Ready-Lift leveling strut/spring. You'll be happier......

8. itallushrt

itallushrt Elite Refuge Member

I went with the bilsteins on my last truck and was very happy. Gonna go that route again. :thumbup:

9. ILPLATEBOAT

ILPLATEBOAT Elite Refuge Member

I put rough countrys leveling kit on my '10 2500HD chevy. so far so good. did the shocks as well. still a rough ridin sob. cant expect alot out of a 3/4 though. I also went with the Bully Dog chip on mine. I loved it. Not too much BS to go thru to install. My buddy is running a Edge on his 1/2 ton '10 chevy. loves it too. I would steer clear of superchips. Just my experience with them on my 05, and 07 chevys.

10. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Itallushrt, I've got a 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 ext. cab work truck model. It has been great. I have not changed the stock setup but if I get another truck, it will be the same- the 5.3 Vortec is steady. I have looked up close to the Chevy Silverado in the same configuration but I think the GMC is better.