2012 King Eider dream Hunt Contest

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by AleutianKing, Apr 22, 2011.

1. MRB1

MRB1 Elite Refuge Member

Well thats a shame to see someone being band due to a few guys crying over spilled milk. Seems to be the thing now on most forums, if someone has a opinion and its the wrong one just band them and that will solve everything. Best wish to you Charlie hope you hit them hard this season.:tu

Mike

2. Keller

Keller Elite Refuge Member

I don't know why Charlie has been banned from the forum and it's none of my business but I can tell you that I have seen disputes between Charlie and others on here but seems like you have to look at the big picture in this thing. Like Charlie or not, he has done alot of good for alot of people including me and it seems like this might have been unfair. With that said that is not why I am making this post. I am making this post because I stay on the diver forum for a reason. There is so much less drama here and all you generally see is an ignorant comment every blue moon. For the most part everyone is family on this forum and we support one another through thick and thin. Now on the flip side of that coin, the main forum is absolutely horrible. I have never seen such...makes me question where the world of duck hunting is going. Some really great guys stay on that forum but seems like there are more idiots there than ants in an antpile. Not long ago, a good friend of mine on this forum that many of us love, started a thread on the main forum about a police officer that had been killed. Man I have never seen such responses!!!! It actually got to the point that one guy began to solicate the killing of police officers and encouraging it :mad: I have been a member of this forum for a long time and sent a PM to David tocomplain about this. I have never made a complaint before and on this occassion didn't ask to have anybody banned just that the thread was completely inappropriate and should be removed. Not only did I not get a response, but the thread was never removed no less the person banned :scratch So just what does it take to get banned?? If encouraging others to go out and kill police officers can't even get a thread gone, I can't imagine how Charlie gets banned...just saying...will miss seeing his posts and he has done many good things for folks on here.

3. Apel

Apel Senior Refuge Member

I want to win the 2012 Island X Dream Hunt for King EIders with Aleutian Island Waterfowlers . Please enter me.

Would love to hit the Bering Sea!
    [​IMG]

4. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Keller the sad fact is this, in the end if they get 100 hits off a thread and it makes their ratings (standing) go up, thats all they care about. The good ole' green bud. One day when this thing is worth enough david and whole lot will sell it and run away. From my understanding he has little to NO surfing on here anymore. Kinda sets back adn collects if you will.

I agree sad state of affiars. we do disagree on this one issue however, i think we should know whyt anyone is banned form a site, such as this. i don;t think to ask is mud slinging or even disrespectful. More so over, it's infomrative for those of that do visit here often to know what does or does not get you banned (as your post agrees to) .

be safe - headed home from Wyoming myself working with the BIA / DOI in the a.m.! :tu

5. GRSCAUP

GRSCAUP New Member

As Stated above it would be nice to know the rules of engagement on this web site. If things a person dose outside of the Forum affect their ability to post even though nothing on the forum has been said it would be nice to know. Along with that if we all need to be friends with the moderators to ensure we can post on here then perhaps we need a party to all get acquainted. It is sad when personal politics gets in the way.

6. squatty420

squatty420 Elite Refuge Member

7. Waterfowl fool

Scott,

Just to clarify. I want to know why, not as in "WHY DID THEY DO THIS" more so of "I missed everything (firewroks)" not defending CS in any regard. I appreciate what he did for some guys, as I do with all guides that give up thier time and money. However, I ahve been the vicitm of some really nasty stuff as well - even involving my form agency form a guide in N.E. area. So i know how nasty this place can get.

I truely was just interested in the facts. Thanks for your post, I assume it's of the "facts / thread" as have not looked at it yet but plan to tongiht when i have some time to look it over as I would imagine it's lengthly.

I leave Wyoming tonight or early in the a.m. (dont know which flight i am on until they tell me...gotta love the govt.)

Anyhow, that's why i was asking. not defeding anyone :tu Just wanted to make that clear!

8. squatty420

squatty420 Elite Refuge Member

Jack I've got a pretty good memory about what all you went through with that mess on here. It was really unfortunate but for your sake I'm glad it was dealt with.

As for this situation I'm not certain about anything. I'm about as far as the low man on the totem pole as you can get. However there are some folks that seem to think I have power or in some way had something to do with this. I had no idea that the man had been banned from the site. And to be honest I really could care less either way.

I was simply posting a link to the rules and in there it spells out things that people might do and what the repercussions of those things could be. One of which is being banned from the site.

I do not know why he was banned but I can guess that it had something to do with a few things that happened on here back in early March. As I have said on here before about all this there are three sides to every story. I reserve the right to form my own opinions based on what I know. I don't discount for one second that CS has done some good things for a few people on here and I'm happy for those folks that he was able to make their dreams come true.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject matter. I'm staying out of it. Maybe one day I will have the opportunity to get to St. Paul to collect a King. There are many more folks that are more deserving that I think should be the lucky person to be the recipient of this gracious offer. I have chosen not to enter. I think it maybe best just to drop it and let the water flow under the bridge :tu

9. Keller

Keller Elite Refuge Member

This isn't a Charlie battle....or issue, it's the catylist for my frustration over general banning as a whole. Just for one time decided to speak my mind. You can talk about killing folks on the duck hunter's forum on a serious level and try to talk others into doing the same, and the thread stays... no less does anyone get banned. As it is quoted in one of the best movies of all times (Oh brother where art thou), "I DON'T GET IT BIG DAN?" :scratch

10. Waterfowl fool

"damit mr., I am a daper dan man"...

"Son, you can;t use language like that in here, ths is a public place"

Great flick !!!!!!!

Scott,

For the record I also did not enter, I put Bender instead. I did however enter with Moe. Have head nothing but good things about the man.

Lets just put it behind us all...
    J