2013 v 2014 GMC Sierra

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by ToxicShot, Dec 2, 2013.

1. ToxicShot

ToxicShot Elite Refuge Member

Any opinions? Looking to possibly replace my 05 Yukon w 140k miles.

2. easternshorerednek

easternshorerednek Elite Refuge Member

had one of the 2014 silverados for a rental truck why my 2012 duramax was in the body shop. truck had the 5.3. It had PLENTY of power, and rode very nicely. Fuel mileage was about 15-16 but I am heavy on the pedal. If your going to buy a new truck make sure it has the rear view camera. My 2012 has that and I will never own another truck without it. GOOD LUCK

3. perfmarine

perfmarine Elite Refuge Member

TUNDRA:tu You won't have to replace it till 300,000 or more.

4. waterswatter

waterswatter Elite Refuge Member

No idea on the newer ones but going OT here sinceI figure Chevy guys will look at this thread. We have a 2010 Chevy Silverado that will once in a great while throw this display when you first start it in the morning: "engine hot, a/c off". And the electric cooling fan will be running full blast. It has done it only a few times. Anyone else have this?

5. hunt4gees

hunt4gees Senior Refuge Member

CHEVY. had an 03 silverado that the a/c would just stop blowing cold air for 2-3 minutes then kick back on. 03 was prob before they had the "engine hot, a/c off" light come on like your 2010

6. J. Harold

J. Harold Refuge Member

For those interested, the all new 2014 GMC Sierra is a new truck from top to bottom.

Now truth be told I am biased in my opinion because I own a Buick GMC dealership.

Every part of the truck is new. Most people get excited about the engine. The new EcoTec3 is an all aluminum direct injection 5.3L. It boasts the best fuel economy (16/22) in a truck that GM has ever seen, that's 1mpg better than Ford EcoBoost. Those are not GM numbers, those are Govt. numbers.

The styling of the front end is dramatically different than Chevrolet. Projector beams are standard as well as the signature LED daytime running lamps. Triple foam filled cab reduces road noise beyond belief. Furthering the road noise relief are electrostatic flocked fender wells. If only decoy heads could hold up as well as this stuff! In addition the doors close into the cab rather than wrapping around the top which also aids in noise reduction.

The new infotainment system is fantastic. 8" display screen is easy to navigate and comes standard in the all new Sierra. 5 USB plugins allow easy charging for all of your electronic gadgets. Not to mention there is also a 110 plugin. Models equipped with a center console are also redesigned. For those on the move, the center console is equipped with rail guides to hold winged file folders.

The new Sierra boasts an additional 2" of legroom for the rear passengers. 2" may not sound like a lot of space, but upon inspection the bigger cab is an easily observed improvement.

The bed of the truck also been upgraded. Bed rail caps are now standard. LED lighting is included underneath the bed rails. Built in steps in the rear bumper. Molded handgrips in the rear of the bed rails. All new tailgate lowers on its own with EZ lift technology, allows for a two finger lift. Effortless.

Simply, it is an amazing truck. It goes without saying that I am biased with my statements, however if I were not a dealer, this truck would be at the top of my list if I were shopping for a new ride.

If anyone is interested do not hesitate to contact me, always happy to chat. Whether its trucks, ducks or dogs

Jay Anderson Buick GMC
    www.andersonbuickgmc.com
    618-544-7212

7. spartazoo

spartazoo Senior Refuge Member

:scratche
    I just traded my 2010 crew cab Sierra in for a 2014 crew cab Sierra last week. Mine is an SLE model with the Z/71 option. I agree with everything said. Totally re-engineered, very nice vehicle.

Very quiet interior noise
    40 more HP 5.3 is very noticeable
    Extra backseat space is noticeable
    Tailgate is great
    Many other nice enhancements

I think it is also the first GMC 1500 series truck with a fully boxed frame, anyone know if that is true?

So far the best truck I have ever owned and it's not close.

8. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

It should be a totally new truck, what GM was offering in years past was overpriced junk!!
    Don't get me wrong I am/was a GM diehard for close to thirty years, had 5 brand new GMC/Chevy pickups and three used all of which I had good luck with.
    Shopped last year for a new truck, laughed at the prices vs the what could be had on every GM truck I looked at.
    Most disappointing of all was the attitude of the dealers and sales personnel, most acted like they were doing me a favor to take between $40-50K and not offer me much for it.
    Wife finally dragged me to a Ford Dealership, we've owned an F-250 Super Duty now for a bit over a year with no problems, dealer was is extremely helpful at all times.
    Sorry dude, not directed at you but tell the rest of the GM goofballs they lost a lot of long time customers because of the crapola attitude and lack of competitive pricing.
    Never thought I would own a new Ford, but if GM doesn't change I will buy a another one down the road.

9. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

I did the same thing in 2011. Looking for a new GMC they wouldn't come off sticker but about $2k they were telling me $49k for 2500 diesel 4dr 8'bed. I walked out of Ford with a F350 Crew 8' Lariat for $42k! I had owned Chev/GMC for 30 yrs. Even called the sales guy while I was in Ford bout to sign and he told me $49k was their final offer. Buh Bye!

Truck is 2 now and I love it. Great ride, super comfortable and many features. Location of ignition and window and 4wd switches are only complaint and they are just ergonomic things.

Doug

10. spartazoo

spartazoo Senior Refuge Member

I agree with this, the GM dealers seem to carry an arrogance about them. Problem is, I am a GM (GMC) person and simply can't switch. Its interesting you have this perception also. Maybe it's time for GM to put some customer service focus on its dealers beyond every person at the dealer asking you to make sure you check completely satisfied on the review form.