2014 F-150 SCREW 5.0 L 4x4 - Problems YOU have had

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by huntinjunkie, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Just changed the oil in mine. 80k. Only had it about 18 months. (2013) Also had a problem with the brakes. It was eating pads on the passenger side. They replaced everything (my cost) about 3 months ago. Still eating pads. Replaced everything again (their cost). Seems to be right this time.

Other than that, I love it. My concession trailer is pretty heavy when loaded up, steel frame, 3/4" ply, 2x4 in the steel, 20gal tank, and freezer, full size fridge, and loaded up with liquids when I take it on-site. Heavier than an RV, for its' size, about 20'. Tows it fine. (trailer is a little squirrly, but that isn't the trucks fault, it was squirrly behind my F-350 also)

2. gollondan

gollondan New Member

I had a '13 5.0 lives the truck but had the mysterious battery drain tried replacing everything you could think of and never got it fixed. I would drive it to work and come out and the battery would be dead so something was staying on. I took it into the dealer 9-10 times and never could find the drain was completely random too would be fine for a couple weeks then the next week would die everyday. I put up with it for a year and a half before getting rid of it. On the other side my dad, uncle and grandpa all had '13's and '14's and never had a problem.