2015-2016 Nebraksa waterfowl

Discussion in 'Nebraska Flyway Forum' started by NeLab1, Aug 18, 2015.

1. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

I went this morning before work with my dad. Didn't even pull the triggers. Only saw about 200 on one roost and they took off the opposite direction in a hurry. Got back home and go figure, had a buddy text me from where we hunted saying birds flying through all over. Still 20k just south of me but don't know for how much longer. If I'm not able to get out again this will be the earliest I've been done snow goosing by a good 2 1/2 weeks. But I'm hopeful for a magic juvie feed still.

2. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

A buddy is hunting near Paxton - 20 yesterday afternoon, had 40+ by 10 this AM.

Another buddy is a jumper/ditch pig and lives up in the panhandle. He reports good numbers still up there. 60 yesterday solo jumping, over 100 this morning for 3 by lunch.

3. jkern

jkern Elite Refuge Member

Stick a fork in it.

These temps keep up and it will be fungus time VERY soon.

4. ajj16

ajj16 Refuge Member

Gobblers are starting to strut just off I-80 and I-680 interchange in Omaha, I'm ready to start flingin' some arrows.

5. kaiserduckhelm

kaiserduckhelm Senior Refuge Member

It was a good year, time to catch some fish and make plans for next fall.

6. nebgoosehunter

Found a pocket of about 800 birds and decided to give them a try with my brother in law this morning. Finished with 8, 2 juvies, 2 rossies, the rest adults.

ajj16 and poutpro like this.
  7. nebgoosehunter

Saw a few flocks flying around and even saw a small fullbody spread set up on Friday. Went fishing with the family to a public sandpit on Saturday and shot one juvie that was hanging out on the pond. Thought about setting up a spread Saturday but am glad I didn't.

8. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

You guys still seeing any sandhills rolling through? I was in NE Colo Saturday and saw several groups of cranes rolling your direction.

9. nebgoosehunter

Yeah I heard a flock yesterday afternoon but never could find them they were so high. A guy I work with also saw a couple flocks through the day Saturday, maybe they were the same ones haha.