2015 Ford F-150 Buyers-2.7 Ecoboost

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by fireduck, May 1, 2015.

1. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

Really I don't have any plans to tow anything- mostly by 16ft sea ark with a 50 mercury. I've not spoken to anyone who owns the ford 2.7 motor. My brother in law has the Ford 3.5 ecoboost and it has been a good truck. He gets better than average mileage and the 2.7 does not get much better than his. I'm sure those turbo motors are expensive. Hope to get a truck in the next 2 months. Watching Ford inventorys. I have 5 Ford dealers within 50 miles. Thanks for all the help! Kenny- fireduck

2. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Fireduck, all the best and good luck! Even though I have to wait a couple of seasons, I am itching to test drive the new one.

3. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Hope he does OK with it and find what he's looking for.
    Quite honestly my F -250 with the 6.2 gas motor in it does ok for as heavy a truck and 4wd, honestly I average 14-15 mpg on the highway depending on how much I keep my foot in or out of it. Overall average with around town and high way combined is like 12-13, so yeah it's a bit of a pig.
    What surprised me was this F 350 dually with the V10 I bought last year, figured for sure it would be a total pig but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass on it. Actually does about the same as the F-250 does as long I don't get to happy with it going down the road, flipping thing will get you a ticket in hurry if your not paying attention...:h:h