2015 Ford F-150 Buyers-2.7 Ecoboost

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by fireduck, May 1, 2015.

1. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

I've only had the OB for two weeks.

I'll ditto the transmission deal, its just different. Her previous car was a stick so its really different.

I'm 5 11 220 and it feels small compared to the F-150 but I'm still messing with the seat and mirrors to get comfy. But it has plenty of room.

A note about blindspots, I got the model with EyeSight which detects lane shifts and approaching vehicles, including approaches from your side blind spots, via different indicators in the side view mirrors and front dash. It will automatically apply brakes to avoid a collision (which hasn't happened yet).

Both vehicles have rear cameras. The Ford has a beep that gets quicker as you near hitting something, when the beep goes off on the OB you'd better brake immediately.

Take my comments with a grain of salt as I've got less than two hours behind the wheel at this point.

2. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

Knock wood...But I really don't have safety concerns.

Physics are what they are. If they get T-boned because a dumptruck blows a red light, we've got problems. But that's the case no matter what.

The car feels sturdy and seems to have a whole lot of built-in safety features. They are all 5-star NHTSA. Not that that counts for everything, but it's something.

3. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for all the help and information! Believe I'm going with the F-150-XLT- with the 3.5 motor. Just not alot of information out about the 2.7 yet. I know the color I want, now to find a Ford Dealer that wants to play ball! Might have a drive a little bit to get the better deal! Thanks again-Kenny (fireduck)

4. fireduck

My home town has a Ford dealer so I stopped and looked around. They did not have much selection and $2,500 off sticker did not sound like much deal to me. I live within 45 minutes of 3 more Ford dealers- think I will look around. Fireduck

5. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

Any updates to the Ford purchase? :cool:

6. fireduck

I have been watching Ford Rebates and local dealer discounts. They are beginning to offer a few deals. I think I will go will the 3.5 ecoboost. Most dealers have not had much selection. I my local ford dealer wants my business in better able to meet the other dealer deals. Kenny

7. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

You might find a better deal on 5 liter F 150, for my money I would go that.
    Tried and true 302 engine and your probably not going to get that much better mileage with the V-6.

8. Glades Ranger

A 2.7 liter 4 cylinder powers my wife's 2009 Toyota Highlander. I am amazed by the peppy response, the ability to tow the popup camper (1800#) and my 1648 duck boat on occasion. I'd love to test drive that new Ford. To repeat however, my 2004 GMC 5.3 liter vortec 8 has been great so I am a little skeptical about the smaller motors.

9. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Think if your just going to use a pick up as a commuter/ getting around town vehicle then the smaller engine would be fine.
    Towing a 26 ft horse trailer fully loaded, I can tell you first hand get the biggest motor you can fit in the truck, in the long run your not going to save anything on mileage or longevity trying to get by with one of these smaller motors.

10. Glades Ranger

Yes, I agree. I'd rather have the ability to tow larger trailer and boat than not. 8 cylinder is still my choice at present. The smaller motor is not cheaper either from what I have read. :tu