2015 Multi-State Trip

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Thanks man. Knee is better, but it's still going to need to be looked at. The duck killing portion of this trip was important, but there was a whole lot more to it than that. When I get home I'm going to print up some pictures from each state, do a narrative, and build a wall display/frame thing that Mrs. Susie will sit on. I have no idea what the future will bring, but I'd like my kids and grand kids to understand that there's a lot of things out there that are worth seeing and experiencing, and tey aren't all contained in any one state. :tu

StuDog44 and riverrat47 like this.
  2. HARD-UP

HARD-UP Senior Refuge Member

Thank you Gene for sharing your adventure with all of us.

3. OFH

OFH Elite Refuge Member

Gene, don't come home now! You are on such a roll, why don't you and Mrs. Suzie keep going? This has been the most widely read thread I can ever remember in the 11 years I've tapped into this forum. You could hunt in Louisiana, Texas, head into Mexico and on south all the way to Argentina before coming home by way of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Hudson's Bay while the rest of us get the chance to enjoy your photos and writing.

4. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

That would be an interesting adventure - hunt all 13 Canadian provinces in 1 season.
    Labrador, Nova Scotia, NB, PEI, Quebec, Ontario, MB, SK, AB, BC, Yukon, NWT and Nunavut.
    Start Sept 1 and fly in up to Yukon and work east via plane, NWT, Nunakut, NF, and LB. Then fly home. 1st of Oct drive to BC and work your way east ending in the lower Canadian Maritime's in Nov.
    I wonder if any one has ever done this before? I am sure there a few guys that have hunted all 13 over the years, but to do it in 1 season, I wonder?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  5. Michael

Michael Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the ride Gene...:tu:tu:tu

riverrat47 likes this.
  6. duck stopper

duck stopper Elite Refuge Member

Gene, thanks for the tour. Sorry I haven't checked in daily, but had to read the whole thing today. Very enjoyable and informative write up.

7. RoyB

RoyB Elite Refuge Member

Gene

Thanks for sharing your adventure with pictures and narritives. I could only dream of seeing a fraction of your trip.

And dont let that other idiot get under your skin. They come and go and eventually get banned.

8. StuDog44

StuDog44 Refuge Member

Awesome pictures, write ups and trip! Thanks for sharing with us, Gene! Rest the knee up and get ready to do it all again! Thanks again! :tu:sp

9. kansasducker

kansasducker Senior Refuge Member

Well worth the read! Thank you Sir

10. Swampfoot

Swampfoot Senior Refuge Member

Wow awesome trip thanks. Good job with taking pictures i always seem to forget that part

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk