2015 Multi-State Trip

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Nick G

Nick G Refuge Member

Thanks, Gene. Really enjoyed the posts and photos. Amazing trip. I'm only a tiny bit jealous, but I guess my time will come. Rest that knee and get ready for the next adventure. :tu

2. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

Great trip Gene! Thanks for sharing it with us!

3. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Gene enjoyed the read and now enjoy Thanksgiving. You might as well just sit on the couch with ice on the knee the rest of the season.

4. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Negative ghost rider. I have an appointment at the end of December with the guy who has already rebuilt my other knee and my shoulder, but regardless of what he says there will be no cutting until February. Until then I'll wrap and ice it and just keep on going. :tu:tu

5. ducslayer

ducslayer Elite Refuge Member

Gene thanks for sharing you extended vacation with us it was awesome!.....Now stop all the stuff about moving out of state! We don't want to loose you.

6. Mean Gene

I have thought a LOT about that subject on this trip, and there's going to be a good deal of reflection on my part over the next few months. At this point I honestly have no idea what I'll do. Everywhere I went there were things that were good, and things that were less than good. When I left here in September I obviously wanted to get into some good hunting, and that I did, but the trip was about a whole lot more than that. There are many, many things to consider.

7. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Gene based on your comments pre and post trip, it was a scouting trip for relocating the Mean Gene household as well as a hunting adventure. Good luck with your decision. Brace that knee well and stay out of soft mud and you should make it until February.

8. Mean Gene

I'm positive it was the sticky mud in the pond on Day 1 South Dakota that did it in. Can't change it now though, and no sense worrying about it...especially after the bird report I just got. :tu

9. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

Bird report?

10. Mean Gene

One of the spots I hunt has a bird or two on it. That means the rest of the season could be pretty good, so, time to wrap the knee, stock up on pain killers and move forward. :tu