2016-2017 Waterfowl Reports

Discussion in 'Nebraska Flyway Forum' started by nebgoosehunter, Sep 6, 2016.

1. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

A new season is here and with it brought the anticipation of the first hunt. I was a little nervous about the marsh being full of other hunters but to my surprise my buddy and I had it all to ourselves. Birds were everywhere, probably the most I've seen on opening weekend in several years. Took our limits in about 15 minutes. Went and beat up on some doves for a few hours afterward and did pretty well. All in all a great morning spent in the field!

[​IMG]

2. jkern

jkern Elite Refuge Member

Nice batch of new birds this morning.

Attached Files:

benadams likes this.
  3. benadams

benadams Refuge Member

image.jpeg What difference a week makes! Only saw 3 last Saturday, had high hopes with about 60 on it the Tuesday before the opener. Today we were pretty well covered up, the 3 of us limited in about 45 min, tried to make it last. Wish it could have lasted longer, dog wasn't ready to go when we were done. Teal were all good sized. Saw some GW but took all BW.

4. Danny Hernandez

Danny Hernandez New Member

Once that rain breaks tomorrow, defend yourselves.

5. jkern

Fun quick flight of new birds this morning. Killed a 5 man by 7:00, but raining 19 out of the 2nd bunch made the limit come quick. Would have had it on video but the kids tactacam is shutting off as soon as he shoots.

6. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

8" of rain overnight. A little late for teal season but should help us out come Oct 8.

7. jkern

I was praying that woulda dipped south abit. Local potholes are still looking incredible, but that rain woulda really took it to a whole NOTHA level!! Gonna be a long wait til zone 3 opens and I'm PRAYING for a mild fall so we can enjoy hunting the marshes before it gets to thick to break.

8. jzoo

Aaaaaand one of my blinds is floating about 3" in its own hole. The whole thing rocks when you walk in it:cry.
    Cerise had 2.5 foot of water in theirs. What a mess

9. jzoo

Report for Saturday September 17:
    Not much flying in the morning but had a full strap of green in the afternoon! GBR!

10. Huntges11

Huntges11 Senior Refuge Member

All that rain pushed the Elkhorn to flood level and when it poured into the Platte at Ash on Fri nite by Sat am there wasn't a sandbar is sight!! So we lost the last weekend of teal. We lost the first weekend because it was 95 and no teal. Watch this weekend we'll have a cold front and be covered in TEAL. Oh well i'll quit beotching it could be worse could be hawkeye fans......