2017-2018 hunting reports

Discussion in 'Louisiana Flyway Forum' started by Duck Enticer, Nov 14, 2017.

1. jrchip1

jrchip1 Elite Refuge Member

Dang.......don't look like anybody's got much to brag about today.

2. ericDC

ericDC Elite Refuge Member

Nope pretty slow in northeast LA. Know a couple of the outfitters did well but the rest of us struggled, or at least those I’ve talked to.

3. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Couldn't have been much sweeter for two of my favorite guests, who I've been taking since the grandson's first hunt, which was a spoiler:
    P1000597.jpg

Didn't see so many mallards or shoot a single speck this time around, but teal swarmed the marsh as they always should, and we had to break off a mighty fine little duck shoot to put some big ones to the string:
    004.JPG

Not sure how our party will weather this morning's rain, and doubt we'll grant many intentional passes if we go out. Might just watch the weather and visit in the boathouse...

4. JHerr

JHerr Elite Refuge Member

Very cool, Rick.

5. Ckinchen

Ckinchen New Member

Very slow 2nd split opening in Johnson Bayou. I did talk to some guys that killed limits west of 27 but not many. We had significant birds holding on Wednesday of last week then Friday when I came to put the decoys out there was a very noticeable decrease in our birds.

6. LicensedtoKill

LicensedtoKill Refuge Member

How’ve y’all been? It’s been quite a while since I’ve been on here. Taptalk app went to crap on my iPad then I couldn’t remember my login credentials lol. I’ve only been duck hunting a 3 times this year, I’ve been trying to get Bambi. Opening day of the season 6 hunters 12 birds. Made a quick morning hunt with a contractor friend of mine and we ended up with 8. Then opening of second split 4 hunters 21 birds (20 teal 1 grey). I don’t think I posted here at all last year but I wouldn’t have had much to brag about anyway, work kept me busy and I only hunted a handful of times.

7. Duck Enticer

Duck Enticer Elite Refuge Member

Glad someone is killing. It hasn't been good for us. We killed 2 ducks on the opener, the high blind had 5. Sunday was a little better in a different spot. 9 between 2 of us. 902.jpg

8. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

God bless the jacks, been a staple of our more broken marsh blinds. And we even shot 6 when Wed's rare westerly wind brought tame ones from somewhere to my little pothole where we'll seldom shoot more than a couple or three. Could have filled on jacks that morning, but eventually laid off them to finish with a few mallards and take some pics of the rare for us show:
    030.JPG

9. borntohunt

borntohunt Senior Refuge Member

You are politically correct to refer to them as Jacks. I have written a letter to the State and Federal Wildlife government offices demanding that they delete all reference to the racist Black Jack name.

10. LicensedtoKill

LicensedtoKill Refuge Member

Larry, would you mind letting me know when they’re planning on hunting the north farm @ Sherburne? Thank you bud.