Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

2017-2018 Plantation Bottoms' ......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Mar 3, 2017.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Well Mr. Rex, are y'all locked up tighter than a hatband or what? Haven't seen an update from you in a few days. I always enjoy them. :tu

smashdn likes this.
  2. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Morning Steven -
    The warm rains last week kept things open thru Saturday anyways. Its pretty much just me, Maggs, & Ole Andrew huntin' now. The Stuff' comes up with a bunch of reasons not to go(most of which is the lack of birds). I told him to start using his excuse book we got him a few years ago. The same repair man comes to his home about 3 times a week it seems to fix the same thing. Anyways, We're beginning to get a few ducks now(at least we were thru Saturday) but now I expect its locked up by now. We don't seem to move as fast now as the past & with that and the deep water, we are really trying to be careful. Andrew and cold air & wind don't go good together so we're kinda watching out for that too. The propane in the blind sure helps but when you get out, is rough. none of it bothers Maggs as she just turned 4 and in her prime.
    Saturday found me & Andrew scoring a bunch of zero's on the Jacks when they blow by and not much better on the mallards and Gads, but we're making a small dent in them just the same. We're getting to shoot the guns anyways! It ought to open back up by Monday and we'll be back at it again!

Thanks for asking as it makes us feel wanted!

Me & Maggs...........

stevena198301 likes this.
  3. stevena198301

I got a buddy who sounds like Stuff'. He's "lost his wallet" 14 times this season, I think. He seems to always find it when ducks are around though... :l

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

You sure his name aint Stuff'??? Stuff' has always said after he turned 65 that he is not to be held responsible for anything he says or does, period! He comes when he comes, and don't when he don't! AND, he's always got a spot waiting on him, just because!

Me & Maggs..........

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. stevena198301

No, but he is right there with him in age! Must be the common denominator. I hope your season picks back up. Most everything here is froze out. My boss has a farm pond that isn't frozen, and told me I can hunt it in the morning. We'll see how it goes, but he's way outside any flyway areas. Best I can hope for is some lost ducks that spot the water. I'm gonna take some dekes and see how it works out. I truly intend to freeze my tail off and get skunked, but weirder stuff has happened.

6. bluemarlin08

bluemarlin08 Elite Refuge Member

Hey Rex, OHMA holding any birds?

7. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Ned -
    Really, I have no idea. My interest in what goes on with the project is pretty much, none.. I go to the draw to see some old friends and try to help out a few that's still hunting in it, but other than that.....

Mr. Galloway should be able to inform you on that status as he stays in touch with the ones in the know. Me & Maggs, Stuff, & Andrew just kinda do our own thing and mind our own business...

did you ever hear anything else about Bradley's Missus'? we sure hope the best for the family..

Me & Maggs......

8. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Wells, dem OH birds is yo birds too. I guess the ash pond is still being worked on so dem roostin' birds ain't an option.
    Looks like BB may be in for a big adventure. Ma Nature goin' to bring them a BIG surprise.

9. cutiger

cutiger Refuge Member

Is Reelfoot iced in, going there a week from Sat. to hunt with 2 good friends that are guides. if it isI guess we'll run the ice eaters and hope for the best. We always have a good time regardless, nothing beats hot blind food and top it off with a little Debbie cake.

10. westuffem

westuffem Elite Refuge Member

Report on Tuesday was 4 inches of ice in the seven trees area