2017-2018 Waterfowl Reports

Discussion in 'Nebraska Flyway Forum' started by nebgoosehunter, Aug 14, 2017.

1. jkern

jkern Elite Refuge Member

At this point in this season, i want it to snow to put it out of its misery. LOTS OF SNOW!! That way i can run rebel and the pup on fezunts and we will be sitting good on water conditions for the spring. We went to all fb and floaters last spring, it was ALMOST unfair.

2. blinddukisland

blinddukisland New Member

We've been pretty bleak on ducks for the last few weeks on the platte. As Josh said the dang things now think theyre night owls. Been scratching a few geese though. Excited for this weather to freeze up the still water and force them to our moving water. Also should get the dumb things to act a bit more normal.

3. jkern

Its bad!! I could take you to a feild right now at 8pm, shine the headlights over the feild and its mallards as far as you can see. Do it at midnight or 2am same thing. But you wont see a duck there in the daylight...and we have tried...ALOT!! In fact the only way found out they have been hammering that feild is the landowner called me one night.

4. Loupriverhunter

Loupriverhunter New Member

Anybody seeing any movement with the front going through? Gotta live vicariously today. Very little seen is latest report from our blind

5. Jon-Barta

Jon-Barta Senior Refuge Member

I have one but your not going to like it LRH...... Can everything just freeze solid so I can start ice fishing?!

6. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

I'm taking tomorrow morning off to go hunting with a buddy who moved to Illinois a couple years ago. I think it will be pretty good. The sandhills should finally freeze over tonight if the wind dies down and that should push a lot of birds to the river, and the full moon will only help things. There are thousands and thousands of geese in the sandhills so I would expect an increase in goose numbers and probably some ducks.

7. fowlfoolr1979

fowlfoolr1979 New Member

Next few days could be interesting......

Layne

8. goosehunter140

goosehunter140 Senior Refuge Member

Few geese today. Not a duck seen.

9. jkern

Snow didnt stop in SD til dark, im sure tonight the sky is full of the scraps of ducks left that will migrate. First 45min tomorrow should be somewhat exciting for the majority of guys setup for ducks.

I took tomorrow off to shoot snows...

10. frankman

frankman Senior Refuge Member

The platte by grand island was filling up with ducks right at dark